Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes. - Page 2

View Poll Results: Do you wear a helmet?

Voters
596. You may not vote on this poll
  • I always wear one!

476 79.87%
  • I sometimes wear one!

93 15.60%
  • I never wear one!

27 4.53%
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes.

I never ride without one.
    My left side bag will fit my HJC full face helmet but I'm not sure about my Shoei Neotek.

Not a choice here in NC. In other states, where allowed, I will still wear the helmet since head injury is the most likely fatal injury.

I feel its a personal choice but to me it's a no brainer if you don't wear 1 you might not have any brains if you go down.I have raced everything from MX,enduros, road race, hill climbs etc its not a matter of if you crash it's when you'll crash! Not wearing a helmet is like riding with flip flops, tank tops and a speedo. Now you have to excuse me I have to go buy some cigarettes an a bottle of Jack and go for a ride NOT !

Always wear one! Trying to protect the last few remaining brain cells I have left.
    Besides I find bugs, and bird crap are not too tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    Always wear one! Trying to protect the last few remaining brain cells I have left.
    Besides I find bugs, and bird crap are not too tasty.

But but bugs and bird crap are just protein. LOL. As for brain cells, lost most of those during my Harley days. Rode with a HOG chapter that was a Drinking Club with a Riding problem. Glad I survived those days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WELL

Helmets are not required here in Arizona, however, I wear one MOST of the time. I always wear one going to and from work, the freeways and drivers here are CRAZY! And when I am on trips I always wear one. Prefere full face but do have a half helmet, it mostly collects dust.

Your choice

I started riding in Minnesota (no helmet required) and was anti-helmet for the 20 years I rode there and was very lucky I never needed it. I would ride down to 12° F wrapped up like a mummy but too stubborn to put on a helmet.

I moved to the Carolina's (SC not required/NC Required) 17 years ago, wore no helmet or a novelty helmet for a couple years and found I was only riding 15,000 miles/year (like when I lived in MN) so to prolong my riding season I "learned" to accept and use a full-face. Once I got used to it, I liked it and now ride year round. They are great in the rain too! There have been several years I logged 50,000-65,000 miles because I worked from my bike or had a 230 mile round trip commute. For the last 15 years I never, ever ride without it.

2 years ago I hit a deer on the way home from work and was knocked out for 10 minutes. Helmet was trashed, deep scratches from the chin bar to the top, broken face shield, lots of road rash on the back of the helmet. I rode almost 800,000 miles before I needed it but I am glad I wore it. You never know when it will happen; going to the Gym or the corner drug store. I have lost two friends recently (in separate accidents a year apart) that both wore helmets most of the time, unfortunately neither had them on when they crashed and died of head injuries. Both had been riding longer than me. Your choice.

I have always worn a helmet whether state required or not. On very warm days (which are few in the Pacific Northwest), I wear a half helmet. All other times I wear a Nolan N90 modular which also has my Sena SMH10 bluetooth head set.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's law in the UK

We have to wear helmets in the UK, it's been a legal requirement for a very long time. Like many of you I've also been involved in a bike accident. Had I not been wearing my helmet I would have died Along with my Spinal Cord Injury, broken arm, shoulder, ribs, I had a fractured skull, it would have been much worse and would have killed me had I not been wearing a helmet.

Paul B.........
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

I choose to wear mine all the time.