Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes. - Page 21

View Poll Results: Do you wear a helmet?

Voters
596. You may not vote on this poll
  • I always wear one!

476 79.87%
  • I sometimes wear one!

93 15.60%
  • I never wear one!

27 4.53%
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmax View Post
    We just pulled a guy out of the woods the other day , harley guy no helmet on him or his girl .
    He lost it on a turn and we seen him go right in the woods ... We go them out , from what I seen he needed a new eye socket and jaw ... that was a mess and his girl she got off easy broken clavical and some scratches .
    Harley guy saved by a bunch guys of jap bikes ... LOL
    You guys are going to get me into the full face or at least my 3/4 all the time if you keep posting like this. WOW. Got my first bike in 1977. Had my first accident in 1977--got off easy with minor road rash and walked home. Had my last accident the same day. I guess it takes posts like these to keep you alert.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nothing bleeds like a head wound. A severe facial fracture and you can bleed to death or drown in your own blood in less than five minutes if it does not kill you out right.

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    To the list of reasons you might not wear a bike helmet – they’re hot, they muss your hair, they’re massively dorky – Swedish company Hövding adds one more: they just don’t work that well. Luckily, they have a solution.

In 2006, Lund University industrial design students Anna Haupt and Terese Alstin decided to invent a better helmet as a class project. The first obstacle to overcome was aesthetic; people (notably the two students) simply don’t like to wear helmets. But their research also found that traditional plastic and foam brain buckets allow G-forces that lead to fatalities in an alarmingly high percentage of accidents. Their breakthrough design – a motion-triggered inflatable helmet – shields a much greater portion of the head and neck, and provides a softer landing.
    This was intended for bicyclist not motorcyclist, I have read many articles about it in cycling magazines. Never seen it mentioned in any motorcycle print but I could have missed it.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

I always wear a full face helmet. It just feels right and makes sense to me. I have a friend who was an EMT and his first call was a motorcycle crash. He said the guy had a 3/4 helmet on but his nose and chin looked like someone took a belt sander to him.

wearing a helmet is like a parachute

If you need one and don't have one you probably won't need one again!

There was a guy killed on his motorcycle last summer just a half mile from my house. Lost it on a turn, hit a guide rail and bounced back across the road. A picture of the wrecked bike in the local paper showed the bike with a full face helmet strapped to the seat rails. Makes you wonder, what if?? I think about that every time I drive past the cross and flowers that now mark the spot.

No brainer!

Mandatory in Australia, and I only wear a quality full face.
    Ive gotten use to my face over the years and brain injury isnt something I seek.
    I just dont understand why you would risk your head with poor quality or no helmet.
    Ride safe everyone.

Ken

Definitely; I will always wear a helmet. And a face shield. Getting hit by a large bug in the face at speed; really hurts.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    -/Snip/-

so to prolong my riding season I "learned" to accept and use a full-face. Once I got used to it, I liked it and now ride year round

-/Snip/-
    THIS is key to accepting; and wearing a helmet.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

In WV it is law. We have to. Given a choice I might wear one in nasty weather(cold or rain). Otherwise no.