Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes. - Page 24

View Poll Results: Do you wear a helmet?

Voters
596. You may not vote on this poll
  • I always wear one!

476 79.87%
  • I sometimes wear one!

93 15.60%
  • I never wear one!

27 4.53%
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes.

Helmet Law States

Since some states require wearing helmets, isn't this poll misleading?

I wonder what the percentage of the population (not necessarily the percentage of states) that has to wear a helmet is compared to the polling results.
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    For most of us that wear helmets; I have a question....

...do any of you also wear a "dew rag" underneath it?

I normally wear a 'dew rag" under my helmets; and it helps keep the helmet innards clean. However it does seem to defeat (at least to me) in cooling effect that is built into many helmets; regarding the vents and air channels in the liner.

I am (I may) dispense with the "dew rag" solution and just go "naked" inside my brain bucket this summer. But that results in an mildly unpleasant helmet interior... due to sweat and hair oils... maybe.
    I don't wear "dew rags"---I wear helmet liners and like helmets, I have more than one or two. The best is named "Wick it". I never believed a piece of cloth would make such a difference in helmet comfort. BTW---added a WSB and Bilt helmet since the picture. Can't wait to Daytona to see what I can try on this year!!!! (It is a sickness)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cool I wear a helmet.

“Motorcycle fatalities are not only our No. 1 source of organs, they are also the highest-quality source of organs, because donors are usually young, healthy people with no other traumatic injuries to the body, except to the head… [a mandatory motorcycle helmet law] could put us out of business – or at least the business of organ transplants.”

—Transplant surgeon quoted in “Brain Dead: Why Are There No Mandatory Helmet Laws?” by Jerry Garrett, New York Times online, July 7, 2008.

http://www.motorcycle.com/features/s...norcycles.html

I always wear a helmet even though my state (SC) does not require it. However, I don't like full face helmets too much, only use them when raining or very cold. I do believe that each one of us has the right to decide if wearing a helmet is important to us, therefore I oppose the mandatory helmet laws even though I choose to wear one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

I always wear a helmet, even where it ins't required. Sometimes I do wear a half helmet instead of a full face, but that is becoming more rare for me to do.

I wear a dew rag sometimes, like when t's really hot outside, but I find them pretty uncomfortable.

Helmets

I always wear a helmet, no exceptions. I have ridden for a long time and I have come off the bike a few times and I have always been thankful I had a helmet on. I never know when I am going to be put in a situation when I am going to need the protection so I always wear the skid lid. I had a neighbor who got run over a block from his house. You just never know. Besides it has been proven that in hot weather a helmet actually keeps your head cooler.

1960's helmet TV ad

Dont u remember the pumpkin and the telephone pole?

this is your head at 20mph duuhhhhhh!

I never leave home without one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

73 Yamaha RD350
    74 Suzuki GT750
    75 Kawasaki 500
    75 Honda GL1000
    95 Honda GL1500 Interstate
    13 Honda GL1800 F6B - Red Standard

Rarely

No need for a dew rag or liner washing here as I rarely wear a helmet. I only wear a helmet for extremely cold weather riding. I've only been riding for 35 years and only get to log 30k or so miles a year which I know is far less than many riders here.

Never went down while riding a bike so no extra incentive for me there. I have always wondered why on earth helmets aren't required while driving a car. Even with the advent of airbags head injuries are still the number one cause of death in motor vehicles. Or seat belts for children on a school bus.

I wonder how many motorcyclists wear a helmet in their car?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob41 View Post
    No need for a dew rag or liner washing here as I rarely wear a helmet. I only wear a helmet for extremely cold weather riding. I've only been riding for 35 years and only get to log 30k or so miles a year which I know is far less than many riders here.

Never went down while riding a bike so no extra incentive for me there. I have always wondered why on earth helmets aren't required while driving a car. Even with the advent of airbags head injuries are still the number one cause of death in motor vehicles. Or seat belts for children on a school bus.

Because your head is not going to contact the pavement at speed; while in a car. Unless your ejected because you weren't wearing a seat belt.

I am sure you posted that reasoning in jest. If not... I am speechless.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by Rob41 View Post

Not looking for a pissing match, but...it only takes one time. It happened to me and the helmet did it's job. My head would have hit for sure.
    IMG_0010.jpg
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.