Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes. - Page 29

View Poll Results: Do you wear a helmet?

Voters
596. You may not vote on this poll
  • I always wear one!

476 79.87%
  • I sometimes wear one!

93 15.60%
  • I never wear one!

27 4.53%
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829

Thread: Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    Yep, I brought this up some time ago. As it stands, this poll is useless.
    I differ with this opinion....
    Not all states require helmets, F6Bs are in all states.
    If we ALL lived in Florida, or a similar state that permitted no helmets as part of the helmet law, yes, it would be different.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I differ with this opinion....
    Not all states require helmets, F6Bs are in all states.
    If we ALL lived in Florida, or a similar state that permitted no helmets as part of the helmet law, yes, it would be different.
    If we all lived in Florida or other states that permitted no helmets, THEN this poll would mean something. We would then know, when given the choice, how many people wear a helmet all the time, some of the time or never.

Everyone living in a state that forces one to wear a helmet is going to wear a helmet (or spend a lot of time and money on tickets), and thus "vote" that they wear a helmet. That vote is meaningless, because they have to wear a helmet.
    Albuquerque, NM

Here's another view, maybe spoken already. My state requires a helmet. I must wear one. Pretty much every state around me does NOT require one. I still wear one. Maybe an additional question to the poll.

I'm a little unique in the fact that I was hit by a cager, with full gear, and my head hit the pavement. I got dinged up a bit, but I'm still here riding like it never happened...for what it's worth.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Here's another view, maybe spoken already. My state requires a helmet. I must wear one. Pretty much every state around me does NOT require one. I still wear one. Maybe an additional question to the poll.
    Good point. When I used to live in a state that required a helmet, I always wore one. When riding in a state that did not require a helmet, I still always wore one. Probably habit, and peace of mind.
    Albuquerque, NM

Helmets saved me and my spouses life back in 2000, drunk driver. Even though I lived in CA at the time where they're mandatory I still wear em in CO where they're not.

A good friend of mine lives in IL, a helmet free state. If he had not been wearing his helmet in Oct of 2016, he would either be dead or severely brain/spinal injured. 45 mph on country road, hit gravel patch (he thinks), sideswiped oncoming car, ejected, landed on road, and limped away. Helmet had a nasty gash on it. To each their own. I would never force my opinion on someone else, after they say "no" the first time.