Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes. - Page 7

View Poll Results: Do you wear a helmet?

Voters
596. You may not vote on this poll
  • I always wear one!

476 79.87%
  • I sometimes wear one!

93 15.60%
  • I never wear one!

27 4.53%
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes.

To each there own. I don't ride without one. Even in states that don't require a helmet my head is still coverd.
    Wish I had some pics of my buddy and his sons helmets after they hit a deer at 70...And walked away to get a new Goldwing. Thanks to the good lord and good insurance.

In my earlier years, I rode enduros. High Plains Enduro Circuit class champ back in the day. Wearing all the gear was a necessity. Woke up in the hospital 2 days after a race. I don't know what happened, in fact I don't remember much of that week. I do know that if I hadn't been wearing my helmet, I would be watching all you guys ride your 6er's from above. As a young man, I also did a stint as a mortician and was one of the first registered EMT's in the state of Texas. I have seen what pavement does to noggins and unprotected skin. That said, I don't like to be "told" what I have to do, but I wear the gear.

I wear helmet here in Florida to keep from getting skin cancer on my bald head and ears. The Law say's I don't have to.
    Helmet Laws Suck!........................Dickie

The most important control on any machinery is the brain, with out it nothing works. Every one is issued only one. IMHO the brain should be protected.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Talk to my son-in-law who is an emergency room nurse...He can tell you all about those that do not ride with helmets....I recognize it is a personal choice in states that do not require one, but I value my head/brain enough not to take that chance.....

Not to preach -
    I lost my baby brother and best friend on a Family Reunion ride last summer.
    He'd be with us 100% today, had he been wearing a helmet.

Those left behind are devastated.

Yes, I do and will always wear one.

J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    I wear helmet here in Florida to keep from getting skin cancer on my bald head and ears. The Law say's I don't have to.
    Helmet Laws Suck!........................Dickie
    Don't misunderstand me. I think you should always wear one. I just don't think the Government has the right to force it. Same feeling for seat belts!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    Not to preach -
    I lost my baby brother and best friend on a Family Reunion ride last summer.
    He'd be with us 100% today, had he been wearing a helmet.

Those left behind are devastated.

Yes, I do and will always wear one.

J
    Sorry for your loss sir.

Let's lid up people. Seriously.

Always, if I crank the bike, the helmet goes on.

30 years old

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
    Personally...I agree that helmet use should be a choice...but I am of the opinion that it should be a choice...for riders over the age of 30 years old.

Yeah, yeah, yeah we can all pick a different age for the choice to kick-in. I could have said...riders over 50, but I know that would both most of you...kids.

Now, to the fact....(just the facts, Ma'am)...once again, here are the pictures of my Arai helmet, that was directly hit by the lightning strike. This helmet protected me from receiving the direct hit on the top of my bare-naked head.

I can only imagine what would have happened if I had not been wearing a helmet in this instance.

My choice...my life.

Attachment 2387Attachment 2388Attachment 2389Attachment 2390Attachment 2391

Again, I want to THANK Arai helmets for stepping up and replacing this helmet with a new...CT-Z helmet...in exchange for this crispy fried helmet. I am sending this old helmet off to them today via UPS for their inspection and research.
    I also believe street bikes should be for those over 30! No Government, no law, just advise ,men especially think they are indestructible until about 30