Your Parachute ….. a MUST SEE
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Parachute ….. a MUST SEE

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

Your Parachute ….. a MUST SEE

I will move this to the "Off Topic" shortly

This is not a RELIGIOUS video, disregard that portion.

It's reality …. You must see this until the end, I strongly recommend …. Just JUMP once

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kILVFRlUtT8

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Don`t disregard the God part---it`s the truth---good words from a good man--thanks for the post---

I'd be appreciative if someone could give me a summary of that video?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I think his analogy meant, trust in God and with that God will provide the " parachute " . If we trust in God, our lives will be fulfilled beyond just existing. And not to be afraid to fail.
    Despite the bumps and bruises along the way.

Maybe that's it. That's what I got anyway
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    I think his analogy meant, trust in God and with that God will provide the " parachute " . If we trust in God, our lives will be fulfilled beyond just existing. And not to be afraid to fail.
    Despite the bumps and bruises along the way.

Maybe that's it. That's what I got anyway
    Thanks.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    I interpret it as follows ...

If you work hard, take a chance or two, believe in yourself, do what you are good at, get back up when you fall and fear not starting over again… You will be successful. You have to earn it, work for it and the fruits from the labor you love will come.

I've taken many chances in my life, crashed hard a couple of times and fortunate to not have killed me. Jumped again and again with multiple successful landings and yes it has paid off. In the long run the odds are in your favor.

Sometimes you just have to JUMP … I did that last year and am doing it again this year… It's hard work but I am seeing the rewards.
    I will never work for someone else, being self-employed comes with many risks however it also comes with rewards.

Let's ride.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    I interpret it as follows ...

If you work hard, take a chance or two, believe in yourself, do what you are good at, get back up when you fall and fear not starting over again… You will be successful. You have to earn it, work for it and the fruits from the labor you love will come.

I've taken many chances in my life, crashed hard a couple of times and fortunate to not have killed me. Jumped again and again with multiple successful landings and yes it has paid off. In the long run the odds are in your favor.

Sometimes you just have to JUMP … I did that last year and am doing it again this year… It's hard work but I am seeing the rewards.
    I will never work for someone else, being self-employed comes with many risks however it also comes with rewards.

Let's ride.
    Well put, Tony
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

I saw this about a month ago and sent it to some folks I know... my take away is faith...the words Steve uses are in the Bible...you just have to believe
    and in his word, jump. Make an effort, try, work harder then the next guy, see the big picture, fulfill your dream. You will fall, you must get up. After
    enough times you will see the errors you made in the past and not repeat them and have a greater reward then you ever thought possible .... you must believe. For those who do not believe in the Bible ...then believe in yourself. You can do it.

As Tony stated... you will never get ahead signing the back of the check. Signing the front sucks huge sometimes, sometimes you win!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

The English is horrible "He do", "It aint" etc., with all that money he can't get a speech coach. People judge you by the words you use and it isn't looking good for Steve. It dilutes the message, IMO, which is sort of Pollyanna. When you are raising a family you don't have the luxury of self indulgence, you have the burden of sacrifice. Your 6 year old doesn't comprehend you want to quit your job because you want be a rock star, she just wants to eat and have a roof over her head. He says "The bills will always be there", he's right, but if you go on this self serving leap - the money won't, unless you deplete savings. This is great if you live at home, are deciding if you want to go to college, no kids, but if you have a family, mortgage or bills in general, this may be risky. I don't mean to be a downer but I'm a realist - we don't look at the glass half full or half empty, we just see at it as a glass that's twice as big as it needs to be. Most importantly, sometimes when you jump the chute doesn't open, but it is an entertaining video mostly because while he is preaching this fantasy the stagehands behind him are actually working.

Deion Sanders comes from the same front. If I yell and profess in broken English cliches then I will appear smart, competent and knowledgeable to a short audience. I love the message, but the envelope it comes in is a bit ragged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver