Ordered Russell Day Long

Thread: Ordered Russell Day Long

Ordered Russell Day Long

Dove into the deep end today. Ordered a high zoot RDL with dual heat, driver back rest, and velour inserts for the cover and both backrests. Quite a chunk of duckets for the order, but the wife said, hey, it'll be both our birthday presents. She's a good egg. Production date is a month and a half out but I'm betting it'll be worth it.

They started on mine today with a 2 week turnaround, one addition that I can't wait for, it should transform the whole riding experience.

You guys won't regret it at all

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    They started on mine today with a 2 week turnaround, one addition that I can't wait for, it should transform the whole riding experience.
    The best seat I have ever had on a bike for sure, comfort was immediate, I took it out for a 45 mile ride right off the bat and was just amazed at the comfort level over the oem seat. No worries, you will be riding with a big grin on your kisser.

Had a RDL saddle on my Valkyrie Interstate after the stock seat and an Ultimate didn't work out. The Russell ended the search.

I'm thinking you'll both love yours. I've never heard of anyone who had a Russell custom made for them wanting a refund.
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

Quote Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
    Dove into the deep end today. Ordered a high zoot RDL with dual heat, driver back rest, and velour inserts for the cover and both backrests. Quite a chunk of duckets for the order, but the wife said, hey, it'll be both our birthday presents. She's a good egg. Production date is a month and a half out but I'm betting it'll be worth it.
    Congrats. Make sure to post a pic once mounted. I've never owned a seat with velour, but seems quite a few guys like the feel. Why did you choose velour?

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Hand View Post
    Congrats. Make sure to post a pic once mounted. I've never owned a seat with velour, but seems quite a few guys like the feel. Why did you choose velour?
    I live a mile from the sun just outside of Vegas. I thought about heat soaked leather, then vinyl then reading about how the velour just doesn't trap the heat and cold like those two just made sense. Never thought I would opt for velour but the guy I spoke to at Russell said it wears excellent, and with the graphite color against the black vinyl sides I'm guessing it should look pretty cool. Can't wat to check it out. I will post a photo shoot when it's installed.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    The best seat I have ever had on a bike for sure, comfort was immediate, I took it out for a 45 mile ride right off the bat and was just amazed at the comfort level over the oem seat. No worries, you will be riding with a big grin on your kisser.
    That's what I'm worried about, being so comfortable, because I'm going to throw it on and go for a ride and I may not stop till I get to the Pacific.

RDL Seat

I had one on my F6B that got totaled out from under me...It had the velour in the main portion for both the driver and the passenger...

I LOVED it, and am going to get one for the new '6 as soon as I have the nickles saved...

You will NOT regret it !!!

Why didn't you take it off the wrecked one?
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com