Ultimate King - Page 14
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate King

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    How does one "dry out" an Ultimate seat... after the unfortunate scenario of the foam getting wet?
    Mine got wet a few times from getting caught out in the raid or being over zealous while washing the bike. I just put a thick towel over it and sat on it, then just pushed down on the towel while standing next to it for a few minutes, kind of like blotting up a stain on a carpet. Let it dry and by the next morning it seemed to be completely dry.
    Lake City Honda
    Warsaw, IN

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    Mine got wet a few times from getting caught out in the raid or being over zealous while washing the bike. I just put a thick towel over it and sat on it, then just pushed down on the towel while standing next to it for a few minutes, kind of like blotting up a stain on a carpet. Let it dry and by the next morning it seemed to be completely dry.
    Good to know. Thanks

Hopefully the memory foam that they use is mildew resistant

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Good to know. Thanks

Hopefully the memory foam that they use is mildew resistant
    It has a mildew/mold inhibitor in it's composition.

I’ve had the midrider for over a year. Love this seat. You can ride all day without any discomfort. I ordered the backrest but hardly ever use it.

Quote Originally Posted by eamstanl View Post
    I’ve had the midrider for over a year. Love this seat. You can ride all day without any discomfort. I ordered the backrest but hardly ever use it.
    I have had Ultimate Seats on my motorcycles pretty much since Des has been in business. All of those bikes got wet from time to time and never had an issue at all with the seat foam being wet after the next day at the latest. I can appreciate people having concerns about it but for me it has been a non issue in over 16 years of actual use.
    Of course it is best practice that you use the rain covers but the chance of it getting wet without one and having a big problem is quite minimal in my experience.
    Lake City Honda
    Warsaw, IN

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Make that at least 3 of us. Shooter had his first for sure, but I couldn't tell by the pics just what it was. Then I was going through Ultimate's "Option Page" and saw it there and decided that's what I wanted. I've had it for over a month now and like it a lot. It was either going to be that or something with the "Ostrich with an inlay" but decided on the black/croc.
    Have seen this seat in person and it looks awesome!

I have probably directed over 100 plus people to Ultimate Seats over the years, especially for Valkyries and several F6B's, and not one person ever came back to me and said they regretted their decision. Des is building one for my new 2015 GoldWing right now to match the factory red stitching that the anniversary models have, can't wait to get rid of the dreadful stock Honda seat and get my rear back in comfort heaven!
    Lake City Honda
    Warsaw, IN

ultimate midrider seat

After a lot of research, I decided to go with the ultimate mid rider seat. The main reason is that i wanted a riders backrest. I had a back rest on my 02 Harley Electra Glide, and never took it off.

I made the purchase when I was at bike week (Daytona speedway). The owner and his wife were very helpful. I then went to destination Daytona where their Brand new store is. The salesmen there was over the top in information about my new purchase.

The seat was sent to me latter when i arrived home. Installed it and just love it. Great looking seat and the workmanship is right on.

It does sit you just a little higher, maybe a half inch higher

My test was a ride from San Diego to Laughlin (river run) in April. 320 miles on way. No discomfort at all.

My King is on order today. Libby is good people.....give her a call.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Anyone know what the current lead time is for an Ultimate Seat? Have a 4,200mi trip planned for mid-July and debating getting a seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Anyone know what the current lead time is for an Ultimate Seat? Have a 4,200mi trip planned for mid-July and debating getting a seat.
    I would think you should be fine if you order quickly.
    Lake City Honda
    Warsaw, IN