Ultimate King - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate King

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Congrats Shooter, that is a great looking seat. Glad you are pleased with it's performance.

Can you still remove the side panels with the new seat on ?

shooter
    Yeah. I think its easier.

Looks darn good. Something to consider after I get some good mileage, and feelings for the ride. Enjoy it and thanks for the info.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by okf6b View Post
    At first glance I thought that said "Thanks honey."
    That's what he really meant. We used to share a pup tent in cub scouts. We are VERY close.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    That's what he really meant. We used to share a pup tent in cub scouts. We are VERY close.

In the photos above, it looks like the passenger backrest is attached to a mount on the back. In on the Ultimate Seat Website, it appears that the backrest goes into the seat. Is that an option?

Quote Originally Posted by YikesCops View Post
    In the photos above, it looks like the passenger backrest is attached to a mount on the back. In on the Ultimate Seat Website, it appears that the backrest goes into the seat. Is that an option?
    You have to read the description on their website about that:

In essence, the Deluxe only uses the stock passenger backrest mounting system. The Standard allows for their proprietary passenger backrest mount system.

Both Midrider and King seats are offered with or without a passenger backrest. The Standard Model has the passenger backrest bracket install in the seat, the Deluxe Model does not. The Deluxe Model uses the existing OEM Passenger backrest or we offer a new taller bracket and an improved matching passenger pad. The Standard Model passenger backrest bracket CAN NOT be added to a Deluxe Model seat at a later date.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Well, I figured I'd be in for a fight, but I had no idea...after 2 hours patiently trying every which way, I'm still no closer to having the new seat installed. It's not like I haven't done this before...several times on GL1800s...and I've had the OEM seat on and off a dozen times already. But this is gonna be a real booger!

But, the good news is, the seat looks real cool sitting on the bike!

Oh well, I have one more day to get 'er done before leaving for Arkansas...any tips from the peanut gallery?

BTW, I saw no good reason to re-install the two bolts that held the OEM rear bar down. That wouldn't be part of the problem, I would think...

Using a flashlight and skinny phillips-head screwdriver to line up the holes, it looks like the seat needs to move forward a bit, but there's no budging it.
    2015 F6B deluxe matte silver
    2012 GL1800 level 3 pearl white
    2010 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    2001 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    VTX 1800
    VTX 1300

Tennessee Traveler #2

IBA member #48367
    SS 1,000 9/5/11
    BBG 1,500 3/16/13
    SS 2,000 3/16/13
    CC50 3/16/13
    Darkside #975
    Michelin Primacy Alpin RF 195/55R/16, 32#
    front Bridgestone G709, 36#

Hey Big Cat,

Someone had posted previously that there was an issue with the front portion of the seat that hooks in to the bike. They had to slightly modify it (increase) the clearance (on the front seat fastener) in order to get the seat to slide slightly more forward.

Check post #12 in the below thread:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?7...ate+seat+issue

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I’ve had the midrider for over a year. Love this seat. You can ride all day without any discomfort. I ordered the backrest but hardly ever use it.