Ultimate King - Page 4
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate King

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Guys I wanted to wait till I had a chance to test this seat properly before I gave a report. I rode 250 miles Saturday. I can honestly say that my Ultimate King seat is the finest MC seat I have ever sat on. Never did I get "dead butt" or "burning butt" or feel any discomfort or feel like I needed to get off and rest. I am 6'1" and 290. My impressions. Seating position is exactly the same as the stock seat. Same distance from the bars. 1/2 to 3/4 inches higher. I feel this is because the foam doesn't compress as much. Nose us narrower so I really don't feel like its much difference on being flat foot at stop signs. I have a 32 inch inseam. I did a lot of research before spending big bucks on this seat. It looks as good as it sits. I would like to thank Ultimate and in particular Libby. She had some good suggestions on the design of this seat. I think it compliments the looks of my bike and I've had a lot of positive feedback from my riding buddies. The step up at the drivers back is much more vertical than the stock seat and gives excellent back support. I elected to not get a drivers backrest and I'm glad that was my choice. For me I wouldn't change anything on my seat.Attachment 19075Attachment 19076Attachment 19077
    Hey shooter,

Picked up this seat, had a few minutes before work and attempted to put it on the the bike - holes weren't lining up. Did you have any problems installing it?

Thx !

shooter
    I bought the tapered bolts from one of our sponsors Value Accessories. You still need a long awl to line up the holes. Its not easy the first time.

I bought the tapered bolts from one of our sponsors Value Accessories. You still need a long awl to line up the holes. Its not easy the first time.
    Ordered the tapered bolts, then after work, thought I'd give it another go - BINGO !! lol Damn standard bolts aligned - and it's on.

Question for you. I read where this seat moves you back but, (no pun intended) it feels like I've actually moved forward. Missing something?

shooter
    Is it an Ultimate King or an Ultimate Midrider?

shooter
    The King is about the same as stock only a little taller. Midrider moves you forward.

Is it an Ultimate King or an Ultimate Midrider?
    King. At least that's what the receipt says. It's probably the same though it was in my mind it would move me back as per ultimate's site; " The King will sit you one and a half inches further back from the handlebars...."

Roadsmith FC's have arrived. Installation soon.

Quote Originally Posted by adventurous1 View Post
    King. At least that's what the receipt says. It's probably the same though it was in my mind it would move me back as per ultimate's site; " The King will sit you one and a half inches further back from the handlebars...."

You left out something very important from your quote above though:

"It will sit you one and a half inches further back from the handlebars and cowling" than our Midrider seat

They also say that their Midrider seat "will sit you a little closer to the handle bars."

They are comparing their two seats without taking into account the stock seat. At any rate when it all washes out... the King seat seems to be of the same lateral seating position as the OEM seat per some testimony from those whom have purchased it.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    You left out something very important from your quote above though:

"It will sit you one and a half inches further back from the handlebars and cowling" than our Midrider seat

They also say that their Midrider seat "will sit you a little closer to the handle bars."

They are comparing their two seats without taking into account the stock seat. At any rate when it all washes out... the King seat seems to be of the same lateral seating position as the OEM seat per some testimony from those whom have purchased it.
    Ok, I'll go with that. Thank you Sir. Heading to Dallas for a week, upon my return I'll be adding all the other 'long leg' items. And other stuff I just 'had to have'. lol

Thanks for the write-up, Shooter...you just cost me $1,000 bucks! Your posts, along with several others, prompted me to pick up the phone and call Dave with a few questions, and the next thing I know, I have an Ultimate King scheduled for delivery tomorrow! Just in time for my annual trip to the Rogers Ride-In on Wednesday. This will be my fifth Ultimate King seat...I loved 'em all, but was putting this one off to give the stock seat a chance...but I missed my Ultimate King. I'll update my experience after returning from Rogers...I expect to put around 2,000 miles on it over 5 days of riding the Arkansas twisties.
    2015 F6B deluxe matte silver
    2012 GL1800 level 3 pearl white
    2010 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    2001 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    VTX 1800
    VTX 1300

Tennessee Traveler #2

IBA member #48367
    SS 1,000 9/5/11
    BBG 1,500 3/16/13
    SS 2,000 3/16/13
    CC50 3/16/13