Ultimate King - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate King

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wonder how miiffed Shooter would/could/may be if someone "copied" his seat for their F6B....

I still have not placed the Ultimate King seat order because I am still undecided on how I want it to look. It is a lot of money of course and I want to get it "just right".

I would think that some sort of light tan inlay would go nice with my silver matte F8B... and am trying to make a decision or explore options to have the front instrument console hydro dipped in a light tan colored burlwood to complete the color accent. Not sure how that would look overall... and may need to hydro dip other pit's of the cockpit to get it all to come together...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Wonder how miiffed Shooter would/could/may be if someone "copied" his seat for their F6B....

I still have not placed the Ultimate King seat order because I am still undecided on how I want it to look. It is a lot of money of course and I want to get it "just right".

I would think that some sort of light tan inlay would go nice with my silver matte F8B... and am trying to make a decision or explore options to have the front instrument console hydro dipped in a light tan colored burlwood to complete the color accent. Not sure how that would look overall... and may need to hydro dip other pit's of the cockpit to get it all to come together...
    Buddy if you want one like mine I would be flattered. That ebony alligator inlay has a greyish cast so it might look good on the matte grey. Have at it. Just don't let the old lady see the invoice.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post

Hey Will if you haven't placed your order yet you might consider holding off a bit longer. They plan on bringing their truck up to Americade, Lake George NY June 7 - 14. Then you can see and try exactly what your getting. If your ordering a stock model they will have people there to install it and they even offered to ship my current seat back to me free if I purchase there.
    It's a nice ride up there and I'm sure there will be some sort of group ride going up to meet there.

Well Bob, I decided that I had analyzed this enough... and I committed. I placed an order today with Ultimate Seats this morning.

I have to tell you all, I literally agonized FOR DAYS trying to figure out exactly how I wanted my seat to look like. Really loved the Croc inlay colors that they offered and spent a lot of time on the Internet looking at other custom seat examples and colors (for other makes of bikes and seat colors) ... And then constantly running out back and physically eyeing my bike in an attempt to "marry up" the perfect eye popping look.

I ultimately settled on a fully black Ultimate King Deluxe, no inlay and nothing else special.

I just finally came to the realization that the Silver Matte finish and other black parts/accents on my 2015 F6B really do not need any extra "pop".

I should get my seat in three weeks, since they only stock seats with either the red or black carbon inlays. My butt will be relieved.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Guys I wanted to wait till I had a chance to test this seat properly before I gave a report. I rode 250 miles Saturday. I can honestly say that my Ultimate King seat is the finest MC seat I have ever sat on. Never did I get "dead butt" or "burning butt" or feel any discomfort or feel like I needed to get off and rest. I am 6'1" and 290. My impressions. Seating position is exactly the same as the stock seat. Same distance from the bars. 1/2 to 3/4 inches higher. I feel this is because the foam doesn't compress as much. Nose us narrower so I really don't feel like its much difference on being flat foot at stop signs. I have a 32 inch inseam. I did a lot of research before spending big bucks on this seat. It looks as good as it sits. I would like to thank Ultimate and in particular Libby. She had some good suggestions on the design of this seat. I think it compliments the looks of my bike and I've had a lot of positive feedback from my riding buddies. The step up at the drivers back is much more vertical than the stock seat and gives excellent back support. I elected to not get a drivers backrest and I'm glad that was my choice. For me I wouldn't change anything on my seat.Attachment 19075Attachment 19076Attachment 19077
    Hey shooter,

Picked up this seat, had a few minutes before work and attempted to put it on the the bike - holes weren't lining up. Did you have any problems installing it?

Thx !

shooter
    I bought the tapered bolts from one of our sponsors Value Accessories. You still need a long awl to line up the holes. Its not easy the first time.

I bought the tapered bolts from one of our sponsors Value Accessories. You still need a long awl to line up the holes. Its not easy the first time.
    Ordered the tapered bolts, then after work, thought I'd give it another go - BINGO !! lol Damn standard bolts aligned - and it's on.

Question for you. I read where this seat moves you back but, (no pun intended) it feels like I've actually moved forward. Missing something?

shooter
    Is it an Ultimate King or an Ultimate Midrider?

shooter
    The King is about the same as stock only a little taller. Midrider moves you forward.

Is it an Ultimate King or an Ultimate Midrider?
    King. At least that's what the receipt says. It's probably the same though it was in my mind it would move me back as per ultimate's site; " The King will sit you one and a half inches further back from the handlebars...."