Ultimate King - Page 5
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate King

shooter
    Cat it ain't nothing but money. Ha!! Really , you know you're gonna like it. I like mine more every time I get on it. Got a thousand mile round trip planned next month. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Got a thousand mile round trip planned next month. Looking forward to it.
    What are you gonna do on Day Two?
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

That's one good lookin seat! Thanks for the pics and the description.
    Regards,
    Sober Biker

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
    It is the illusion of knowledge."
    ~ Stephen Hawking

2016 Goldwing F6B - Yet to be named
    2013 Goldwing F6B - "Bat Bike" Traded
    2008 BMW K1200LT - "Da Couch"

Wonder how miiffed Shooter would/could/may be if someone "copied" his seat for their F6B....

I still have not placed the Ultimate King seat order because I am still undecided on how I want it to look. It is a lot of money of course and I want to get it "just right".

I would think that some sort of light tan inlay would go nice with my silver matte F8B... and am trying to make a decision or explore options to have the front instrument console hydro dipped in a light tan colored burlwood to complete the color accent. Not sure how that would look overall... and may need to hydro dip other pit's of the cockpit to get it all to come together...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    What are you gonna do on Day Two?
    Gonna try to hook up with Elroy. I think he is about 200 miles from my son. Told him I would give him a call and try to get together.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Wonder how miiffed Shooter would/could/may be if someone "copied" his seat for their F6B....

I still have not placed the Ultimate King seat order because I am still undecided on how I want it to look. It is a lot of money of course and I want to get it "just right".

I would think that some sort of light tan inlay would go nice with my silver matte F8B... and am trying to make a decision or explore options to have the front instrument console hydro dipped in a light tan colored burlwood to complete the color accent. Not sure how that would look overall... and may need to hydro dip other pit's of the cockpit to get it all to come together...
    Buddy if you want one like mine I would be flattered. That ebony alligator inlay has a greyish cast so it might look good on the matte grey. Have at it. Just don't let the old lady see the invoice.

In the photos above, it looks like the passenger backrest is attached to a mount on the back. In on the Ultimate Seat Website, it appears that the backrest goes into the seat. Is that an option?

Quote Originally Posted by YikesCops View Post
    In the photos above, it looks like the passenger backrest is attached to a mount on the back. In on the Ultimate Seat Website, it appears that the backrest goes into the seat. Is that an option?
    You have to read the description on their website about that:

In essence, the Deluxe only uses the stock passenger backrest mounting system. The Standard allows for their proprietary passenger backrest mount system.

Both Midrider and King seats are offered with or without a passenger backrest. The Standard Model has the passenger backrest bracket install in the seat, the Deluxe Model does not. The Deluxe Model uses the existing OEM Passenger backrest or we offer a new taller bracket and an improved matching passenger pad. The Standard Model passenger backrest bracket CAN NOT be added to a Deluxe Model seat at a later date.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Well, I figured I'd be in for a fight, but I had no idea...after 2 hours patiently trying every which way, I'm still no closer to having the new seat installed. It's not like I haven't done this before...several times on GL1800s...and I've had the OEM seat on and off a dozen times already. But this is gonna be a real booger!

But, the good news is, the seat looks real cool sitting on the bike!

Oh well, I have one more day to get 'er done before leaving for Arkansas...any tips from the peanut gallery?

BTW, I saw no good reason to re-install the two bolts that held the OEM rear bar down. That wouldn't be part of the problem, I would think...

Using a flashlight and skinny phillips-head screwdriver to line up the holes, it looks like the seat needs to move forward a bit, but there's no budging it.
    2015 F6B deluxe matte silver
    2012 GL1800 level 3 pearl white
    2010 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    2001 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    VTX 1800
    VTX 1300

Tennessee Traveler #2

IBA member #48367
    SS 1,000 9/5/11
    BBG 1,500 3/16/13
    SS 2,000 3/16/13
    CC50 3/16/13
    Darkside #975
    Michelin Primacy Alpin RF 195/55R/16, 32#
    front Bridgestone G709, 36#

Hey Big Cat,

Someone had posted previously that there was an issue with the front portion of the seat that hooks in to the bike. They had to slightly modify it (increase) the clearance (on the front seat fastener) in order to get the seat to slide slightly more forward.

Check post #12 in the below thread:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?7...ate+seat+issue

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537