Ultimate King - Page 6
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate King

shooter
    Cat , get someone to help you. One guy on each side. You have to push that seat foreward hard. Hold forward pressure on it and smack the seat forward with your flat hand. Believe me it WILL go forward. Keep wiggling and pushing and maintain forward pressure. Its tight but after you ride on it a couple times it goes on and off easily. Call me if you need to. 314-401-1352.

Use a screwdriver to explore and help find the bolt hole. Once you push the seat around so that the screwdriver comes straight out, you'll know you're somewhat close to being aligned.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Hey Big Cat,

Someone had posted previously that there was an issue with the front portion of the seat that hooks in to the bike. They had to slightly modify it (increase) the clearance (on the front seat fastener) in order to get the seat to slide slightly more forward.

Check post #12 in the below thread:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?7...ate+seat+issue
    Thanks, Willtill, that was the ticket!

After a good night's sleep...to reset my patience...and after having read the aforementioned thread...I started this morning by removing the front bracket on the underside of the seat, 2 bolts, then added two washers under the front bolt, thus increasing the angle of the bracket. That was really what did it...gave me just enough additional forward travel to get the bolts seated.

To Dave at Ultimate: I think that front bracket angle could use a little tweak...also, the shape of the seat where it contacts the passenger grab bars could be contoured just a little smaller...as it still seems too tight a fit against the grab bars. That would also make it easier to seat the pins that fit into the saddlebag opener lever assembly. That was a real beech as well.

All the ideas about tapered bolts and screwdrivers are good ones...but if the seat is not generally centered over the frame bolt holes, there ain't no way tapered bolts or screwdrivers will solve the problem.

But I will have to add, the seat looks great on the bike...I got the standard model without the sexy inlay...and it looks fine. Leaving tomorrow for Arkansas to give it 5 days of road testing!

Thanks again for the guidance...that's what makes this forum so useful!
    2015 F6B deluxe matte silver
    2012 GL1800 level 3 pearl white
    2010 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    2001 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    VTX 1800
    VTX 1300

Tennessee Traveler #2

IBA member #48367
    SS 1,000 9/5/11
    BBG 1,500 3/16/13
    SS 2,000 3/16/13
    CC50 3/16/13
    Darkside #975
    Michelin Primacy Alpin RF 195/55R/16, 32#
    front Bridgestone G709, 36#

Wonder how miiffed Shooter would/could/may be if someone "copied" his seat for their F6B....

I still have not placed the Ultimate King seat order because I am still undecided on how I want it to look. It is a lot of money of course and I want to get it "just right".

I would think that some sort of light tan inlay would go nice with my silver matte F8B... and am trying to make a decision or explore options to have the front instrument console hydro dipped in a light tan colored burlwood to complete the color accent. Not sure how that would look overall... and may need to hydro dip other pit's of the cockpit to get it all to come together...
    Hey Will if you haven't placed your order yet you might consider holding off a bit longer. They plan on bringing their truck up to Americade, Lake George NY June 7 - 14. Then you can see and try exactly what your getting. If your ordering a stock model they will have people there to install it and they even offered to ship my current seat back to me free if I purchase there.
    It's a nice ride up there and I'm sure there will be some sort of group ride going up to meet there.

Well Bob, I decided that I had analyzed this enough... and I committed. I placed an order today with Ultimate Seats this morning.

I have to tell you all, I literally agonized FOR DAYS trying to figure out exactly how I wanted my seat to look like. Really loved the Croc inlay colors that they offered and spent a lot of time on the Internet looking at other custom seat examples and colors (for other makes of bikes and seat colors) ... And then constantly running out back and physically eyeing my bike in an attempt to "marry up" the perfect eye popping look.

I ultimately settled on a fully black Ultimate King Deluxe, no inlay and nothing else special.

I just finally came to the realization that the Silver Matte finish and other black parts/accents on my 2015 F6B really do not need any extra "pop".

I should get my seat in three weeks, since they only stock seats with either the red or black carbon inlays. My butt will be relieved.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

shooter
    Sounds good Will. Looking forward to a full report.

Well Bob, I decided that I had analyzed this enough... and I committed. I placed an order today with Ultimate Seats this morning.

I have to tell you all, I literally agonized FOR DAYS trying to figure out exactly how I wanted my seat to look like. Really loved the Croc inlay colors that they offered and spent a lot of time on the Internet looking at other custom seat examples and colors (for other makes of bikes and seat colors) ... And then constantly running out back and physically eyeing my bike in an attempt to "marry up" the perfect eye popping look.

I ultimately settled on a fully black Ultimate King Deluxe, no inlay and nothing else special.

I just finally came to the realization that the Silver Matte finish and other black parts/accents on my 2015 F6B really do not need any extra "pop".

I should get my seat in three weeks, since they only stock seats with either the red or black carbon inlays. My butt will be relieved.
    I am certain you will love it, I have had nothing but Ultimate seats on my bikes since Des first started making Valkyrie seats in the late 90's and he will be making a Gold Wing seat for me soon as I save a few $$ up. GREAT company to work with.

Follow up report to last post.

After my struggles to get the seat installed, which were previously detailed, I put 2,000 miles on the new seat riding the mountains of Arkansas this past weekend.

As expected, the Ultimate King proved comfortable all day, every day. My single biggest concern...that the seat would move me back too far...was unwarranted. The ergonomics are perfect for me, I didn't have to stretch to reach the handlebars, and there is less knee bend than the stock seat.

This is my fifth Ultimate King seat, and I feel it is one of (if not the) best investments one can make in an F6B accessory.
    2015 F6B deluxe matte silver
    2012 GL1800 level 3 pearl white
    2010 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    2001 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    VTX 1800
    VTX 1300

Tennessee Traveler #2

IBA member #48367
    SS 1,000 9/5/11
    BBG 1,500 3/16/13
    SS 2,000 3/16/13
    CC50 3/16/13
    Darkside #975
    Michelin Primacy Alpin RF 195/55R/16, 32#
    front Bridgestone G709, 36#

Quote Originally Posted by Big Cat View Post
    Follow up report to last post.

After my struggles to get the seat installed, which were previously detailed, I put 2,000 miles on the new seat riding the mountains of Arkansas this past weekend.

As expected, the Ultimate King proved comfortable all day, every day. My single biggest concern...that the seat would move me back too far...was unwarranted. The ergonomics are perfect for me, I didn't have to stretch to reach the handlebars, and there is less knee bend than the stock seat.

This is my fifth Ultimate King seat, and I feel it is one of (if not the) best investments one can make in an F6B accessory
    In the Army, we were taught to take care of our feet.

Now as a born again civilian, I am learning to take care of my butt.

Can't wait for my seat. Hurry up Ultimate Seats !!!

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I had an Ultimate seat on my Valkyrie and now on the F6B. They have been great additions to both bikes. I have about a thousand miles on my Ultimate now and it just gets better each ride. I think you will be very happy with yours.