Ultimate King - Page 7
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate King

Quote Originally Posted by Big Cat View Post
    Follow up report to last post.

After my struggles to get the seat installed, which were previously detailed, I put 2,000 miles on the new seat riding the mountains of Arkansas this past weekend.

As expected, the Ultimate King proved comfortable all day, every day. My single biggest concern...that the seat would move me back too far...was unwarranted. The ergonomics are perfect for me, I didn't have to stretch to reach the handlebars, and there is less knee bend than the stock seat.

This is my fifth Ultimate King seat, and I feel it is one of (if not the) best investments one can make in an F6B accessory.
    Glad to hear that you had a safe and comfortable trip. Let us know if you need anything in the future.

Best,

Dave

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    In the Army, we were taught to take care of our feet.

Now as a born again civilian, I am learning to take care of my butt.

Can't wait for my seat. Hurry up Ultimate Seats !!!
    I'm trying to figure out how to get the B in the living room so I can be comfortable watching TV.

F6B to living room hints.

Shooter; I find a 3500 rpm , 2nd gear clutch drop with a left turn in the kitchen usually works just fine. Glad to be of assistance.

shooter
    Thanks buddy. That's gonna save me some time. I tell ya , this forum is a wealth of information.

Well, well... just look at what the nice brown truck just delivered. Wonder what it could be?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

shooter
    THATS IT BUDDY!!!!!!!! No sleep tonight!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    THATS IT BUDDY!!!!!!!! No sleep tonight!!!!
    You ain't lying about that... I want to get it installed but am still working on systems in Budapest tonight

I hope I can peel away from the laptop enough; to involve myself with the new seat.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

shooter
    Dude you're gonna love it when you get to ride it. Its a keeper.

Not happy with my Ultimate seat

So I had worked all last night with an issue at work; dead tired today but wanted to open the box that contained my Ultimate seat that I ordered. "Ultimately" not happy with it.

Here is the stock seat compared with the Ultimate King seat:

Underneath both seats if you are interested in the seat pans:

Aligned exactly with the bolts holes, here is the left view as best as I can present it:

Right view:

Bike currently sedated; undergoing transplant:

Did the front catch mod for the seat; two washers that were approx 1/8" and the seat slid right up to the bike firmly; allowing the rear seat rail holes to align to perfection (Thanks again (Wing n' it) for this fix.

New Ultimate King Seat Deluxe installed. Seems to be comfortable when I mounted it. I definitely have been raised a bit; now I am on the balls of my feet when I am astride my bike. I used to be able to flat foot it; but this is of no concern to me. Also I definitely have a little more "wiggle room" in the saddle, I am 5' 10" and 240 pounds (yeah.. hard to lose it )and have about a 30" inseam. Still comfortable for reach with the handlebars and I am enjoying the new extended reach for the legs/feet to the drop down pegs:

Now for the bad stuff

When I finally opened the box today; I saw that there was a flaw in the manufacture of the seat. Very noticeable wrinkle/slack in the material. I was hoping that this was just a temporary condition (due to shipping/movement etc) but it appears that is is going to be long lasting:

Not sure how someone at their factory (or wherever they manufacturer these seats) could have finished sewing it; flipped it over and said "OK" that'll do and then send it off to the customer. Really?

No quality control? Did someone actually LOOK at this and say it was A-ok? for the customer????

Am really unhappy with the finished product due to this flaw. The sewing seems superb,,,,, the vinyl seems to be top notch... but as we have been discussing in other threads on this forum.... ...workmanship and pride in product seems to have flown out the window. As evidenced by this product I paid several hundred dollars for and now am staring at.

Forgive me about bitching about this... I am tired and not wanting to trashing one of our board sponsors. I am just reporting what I have received from them. A "review" if I might add.

I am not diss'ing Ultimate Seats here. They make great seat I am sure of. I just didn't get one for of quality finish. I'll email them but do not look forward to spending more money sending it to them if they decide to address it; having to take it back off my bike (we all know what a pain in the ass it is to remove/replace the seat) ect...

What a pain in the butt this is. Do I send the seat back to them? How much money is lost with this transaction on both sides? If only the person that sewed the seat checked his/her work.....

...this chit would have never happpened

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

shooter
    Will you have got to send that seat back. That sucks. The guy that sewed that cover was the cause of that wrinkle.That's pretty bad.