Ultimate King - Page 8
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate King

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Will you have got to send that seat back. That sucks. The guy that sewed that cover was the cause of that wrinkle.That's pretty bad.
    I am pretty pissed off right now at Ultimate Seats. They have been messaged and emailed. And this is again, a review of a board sanctioned vendor and their product.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Clearly, someone failed to do their job when they let that one go through and out the door. Should think that the very least they could do is send you the replacement, and allowing you use of this one until it arrives.

The mark of a good company is not one that stands behind their product....but one that stands behind their mistakes.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

I let a lot of things go when I'm not totally happy sometimes. That last pic you posted really makes it stand out. Hope they do something for you.

I bought a 1982 Gold Wing brand new. It had a scratch on the top of the fender. Being young and dumb and full of...I let it go. Well, everyone noticed it. I brought it back after a week or so, and the dealer denied it was there when I picked the bike up. I went back and forth and they never did anything for me. I never gave them another dime and have bad mouthed them all these years later.

I bought my new bike in CT and never gave them a thought....I will never recommend Archie's in New Bedford, Mass. I know Ultimate will make this right....
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Good morning Mr. Till-
    On occasion, mistakes do happen. I have put into process a new custom order seat with no inlay that will be shipped to you at no charge and a return label to bring the seat with the issue back to us. Until you receive the new seat, 2-3 weeks since it is a non stocked item, please continue to ride the seat with the flaw in the cover.

Best regards,

Dave

This is a company to deal with! Very impressed and it isn't my issue!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Seats View Post
    Good morning Mr. Till-
    On occasion, mistakes do happen. I have put into process a new custom order seat with no inlay that will be shipped to you at no charge and a return label to bring the seat with the issue back to us. Until you receive the new seat, 2-3 weeks since it is a non stocked item, please continue to ride the seat with the flaw in the cover.

Best regards,

Dave
    I am extremely grateful. Thank you very much Dave. I appreciate it.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

shooter
    Classy outfit Will. Not many companies would let you ride the seat till the other one arrives. I am impressed and I don't impress easily. Good deal buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Classy outfit Will. Not many companies would let you ride the seat till the other one arrives. I am impressed and I don't impress easily. Good deal buddy.
    Yea, and now I feel like "a dick" with my seemingly harshness in my posts. Chalk it up to being tired at the time of the discovery of it, and just the general culmination of things going sideways at the end of my week.

Reminder to self: do not post when angry and tired.

On a better note, I am liking the comfort of the seat so far. I also feel that the new seating position that it affords me seems to allow for better control of my bike during turning maneuvers. Hard to explain that new development with the new seat... but it is very perceptible to me. Maybe the slightly increased height in sitting position perhaps?

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

shooter
    Will it was just the culmination of a long week and severe disappointment. We all know how excited we get when the brown truck pulls up and honks the horn. Then the bad feelings when what you ordered isn't right or is damaged. It happens. Maybe a good word for Ultimate after you get the new seat. I'm sure they will understand. They seem like good people.

Ultimate photos

After all the posts on the forum about seats and riding position and speculation about how far back the kingrider moved the rider you gave us a very good photographic side by side comparison with the stock seat which was sorely needed for reference
    Thanks to Shooter for starting this thread and to you for clarification.
    In redneck vernacular; Ya'll did good.