SoCalMotoGear

Thread: SoCalMotoGear

SoCalMotoGear

Has anyone used the LED lights sold by this company? The product looks pretty good to me; but, I am concerned about the 1 year warranty. The Switchback LED caught my attention to. Before I spend $270 for these and the rear light kit, I'd like to hear your opinions. The LED Flasher looks like a pain to install, but then again, I've never worked on a F6B until I pickup mine.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

I've had the switchbacks and rear LEDs for just a year now. Great pieces of gear. I had SoCal install them last year at Daytona. This year, I'm going to get the LED headlights installed.

Great stuff, good pricing.
    My $0.02
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I've had the switchbacks for several months and they are still working great. Very pleased with them. The flasher is the most time consuming (but not hard) part. SoCal does have an installation video on their site that is very helpful.

I installed the switchbacks this past Saturday. Already had smoked lenses so just ordered bulbs and flasher. Easy install and very pleased with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Pilot View Post
    I installed the switchbacks this past Saturday. Already had smoked lenses so just ordered bulbs and flasher. Easy install and very pleased with the results.
    Any hints on the LED Flasher install?
    Thanx.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

I went the dash route rather than through the front cowl as it just seemed simpler and less parts to fool with. When I got the gauge pod bolts removed, I placed a cloth over the face of the gauges and another over the top of the windshield then pulled the gauges upward and hung them from the windshield with a bent wire. You can then see the flasher on the center support under the front cowl. Unplug and swap from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    Any hints on the LED Flasher install?
    Thanx.
    Basically the flasher is dead center behind the gauges and the center of the front cowl.... I agree, pulling the gages is the better route...of course you have to get to the gages... then it just 4 bolts to move the gauges out of the way !

An hour total... start with pulling the center counsel like you were going to replace the air filter...check you tube!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Basically the flasher is dead center behind the gauges and the center of the front cowl.... I agree, pulling the gages is the better route...of course you have to get to the gages... then it just 4 bolts to move the gauges out of the way !

An hour total... start with pulling the center counsel like you were going to replace the air filter...check you tube!
    I did it the same way. Only took me about 30 minutes to take the the dash and gauges out, replace the flasher, and put everything back together

I have the full Monty front and back including the fog/driving lights. I wish the turn signals when they go Amber were brighter but the rest of the lights are very bright. I love them all!