2017 Goldwing - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Goldwing

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    Sounds pretty cool. I'm glad to be around to see it.

I'd like to see them make the trunk removable. Imagine if the bags came off, too! You could go from a Valkyrie, to an F6B, to a full Wing! All in one bike.

I'm glad that I like my bike enough to keep it for several more years while this gets sorted out.
    I agree, the removable trunk woud be cool. I'm also happy to keep mine longer!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

I am looking forward to what Honda has in store for the new Wing. Honda Corp. in general is a very innovative company to begin with. Gadgets,gadgets,gadgets give them to me I'll take them all.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

I would love to have a removable trunk and bags (a convertible bike - Full Goldwing, F6B, and sporty Valkyrie all in one bike sound neat) the fairing is fantastic so I don't want that messed with.

I would like to see better handling if they can do it / pegs that are higher that do not scrape as easily. Hillibars adjustable and better stability standard.

I would like more powerful speakers and a stereo with all the additions I have added / built in Bluetooth etc... / all the new tricks etc..

A good comfortable, adjustable seat / windshield that is power adjustable / suspension that is power adjustable / riding modes / and more power could never hurt.

I think the auto when needed might be nice but sounds like added complications that break down. I love shifting myself / I drive a stick in any car when ever I can get it.

And of course the newly added features that are on the newer and deluxe bikes. (cruise control, self cancelling turn signals, heated grips, reverse)

Also top quality paint with a good indestructible clear coat.

I am not asking for much am I.

I am in love with this bike the way it is (this is just a dream list)
    Steve

Circle-5

2017 GoldWing Hybrid

Artist conception (or deception) of the 2017 GoldWing with 1200cc flat-4 gasoline engine and high-torque electric-hybrid drivetrain. Also featuring monoshock, adaptive anti-dive, triangulated front fork, dual-clutch DCT 7-speed transmission with reverse, electric windscreen, selectable engine ECU maps and traction control adjustments with pre-programmed riding modes.

The front shock compression is regulated by the front brake pressure. The new "perimetric" frame is made up of two, separate and un-connected aluminum castings (front and rear) with the engine block serving as the center component. A flat-6 gasoline engine option is expected.

Illustration and translation from Moto Revue magazine in France. Most of this data comes from the ongoing onslaught of patent filings by Honda.

Attachment 21722

This drawing seems to make the most sense to me on any changes, if any, to the 2017 and beyond Goldwing..Honda needs to change their "flagship" model after all these years if they expect to stay competitive in the touring bike market....Technology is moving forward and Honda has not really kept up recently, but knowing Honda over they years they know what they are doing in most cases......JMHO

Have you seen the new FZ-10?

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Ya, and first year model bikes are for the general public beta testers. Let them get the bugs and recalls worked out first.
    Yea let them do that....oh shit, thats us (2013 F6B owners). Kinda worked out didnt it?

shooter
    They're going the other way for me. Bump this baby up to 2 Litres , 150 HP , and 160 TQ. Somehow lose 50 lbs of weight and improve the front suspension. Built in navigation , and improve the factory stereo. That's it for me.

One thought I had was that there is a growing F6B fan base installing the larger front wheels for that custom Bagger look. That new front end would make that an impossibility .
    Me, I likr the looks of the larger front wheels, but I prefer the handling functionality.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"