Your summer trips ?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your summer trips ?

Your summer trips ?

Well, recent retarment has opened up a lot of possibilities, getting them past the significant other is another story.
    Last year the 10 day Yellowstone trip, my first real extended bike vacation, gave me the bug. I have pretty much committed to the Allegheny Mountains ride in Pa then up threw the Mi upper peninsula and down threw Minn, 10 days, appx.

Planning on a week in Sturgis and then the Rally in Russsleville along w/as many weekenders as possible. I have a pretty understanding S.O., younger and has to still work for a number of years so hopefully all will be well.

Your plans ?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Well, recent retarment has opened up a lot of possibilities, getting them past the significant other is another story.
    Last year the 10 day Yellowstone trip, my first real extended bike vacation, gave me the bug. I have pretty much committed to the Allegheny Mountains ride in Pa then up threw the Mi upper peninsula and down threw Minn, 10 days, appx.

Planning on a week in Sturgis and then the Rally in Russsleville along w/as many weekenders as possible. I have a pretty understanding S.O., younger and has to still work for a number of years so hopefully all will be well.

Your plans ?
    Back up to Torrey Utah this Late Spring, did it on my Ducati ST3 last year. At least one trip up to Napa CA, in early Summer. Then a bunch of overnights in Northern Arizona, Show Low,etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    Back up to Torrey Utah this Late Spring, did it on my Ducati ST3 last year. At least one trip up to Napa CA, in early Summer. Then a bunch of overnights in Northern Arizona, Show Low,etc...

Congratulation on the retirement

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post

Your plans ?
    Congratulations, you will love it, 8 years this year for me, wife is still working. There is a little resentment, whether they admit it or not, but if you wake up with them and walk them to the car it takes the edge off... somewhat. Also have a hot bath and a glass of wine when they get home once a week and you'll be good to go. The voice of experience.

GaTeach
    I'm riding to Denver in June for a wedding at Rocky Mountain National Park. I can't stinkin' wait.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Congratulations, you will love it, 8 years this year for me, wife is still working. There is a little resentment, whether they admit it or not, but if you wake up with them and walk them to the car it takes the edge off... somewhat. Also have a hot bath and a glass of wine when they get home once a week and you'll be good to go. The voice of experience.
    Good advice I'm set to retire in a couple of years and the wife is 13 years younger than me. I was wondering how to "take the edge" off.

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    Good advice I'm set to retire in a couple of years and the wife is 13 years younger than me. I was wondering how to "take the edge" off.
    Make them happy, cook them meals when they get home, make one weekend day all theirs and use the other one to ride. As far as you go, I volunteer at the local VA 2 days a week, I expanded closets for her, more shoes makes them very happy, and you will get into your own routine, it will evolve naturally. 13 years younger, my hero. In keeping with the thread, so Tony won't chew my ass out for hijacking it, I'm going to try and do Int. 90 to CA. Did 80, 70/40 looking to pick up all those other states. BTW, how did you miss Idaho?

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Mine is 12 years younger, works at an old folks home, I tell her it is good training for taking care of me. I have trained her well, a coup[le of years ago I had permission to go to Jamaica a few years ago, by myself.

Planning a ride thru the Canadian Rockies to Vancouver island this summer. Would like to swing down stateside but our dollar sucks bigtime.
    2013 F6B in black of course