Your summer trips ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your summer trips ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    Good advice I'm set to retire in a couple of years and the wife is 13 years younger than me. I was wondering how to "take the edge" off.
    Make them happy, cook them meals when they get home, make one weekend day all theirs and use the other one to ride. As far as you go, I volunteer at the local VA 2 days a week, I expanded closets for her, more shoes makes them very happy, and you will get into your own routine, it will evolve naturally. 13 years younger, my hero. In keeping with the thread, so Tony won't chew my ass out for hijacking it, I'm going to try and do Int. 90 to CA. Did 80, 70/40 looking to pick up all those other states. BTW, how did you miss Idaho?

Planning a ride thru the Canadian Rockies to Vancouver island this summer. Would like to swing down stateside but our dollar sucks bigtime.
    2013 F6B in black of course

East Coast +.....

Both me and S/O retired this year, and she loves to ride (she looks at the scenery and writes memoirs in her head), I drive. Going to trailer the F6B to Sedona in a bit for 2 weeks of early sunshine. Then sometime in summer will do the annual trip to Ocean City/Cape May, probably this year via Niagara Falls, Finger Lakes, Pocono's, Willow Grove, PA (have family there) Jersey Shore and then home via I-76, I-80 (across the totally boring northern parts of Ohio and Indiana) and then the death defying freeways of Chicago. Other rides to Door County, and possibly a Traverse City, Marquette, Green Bay and home Lake Michigan loop. Then the Rally in the Fall. Should be a full summer!

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Congratulations, you will love it, 8 years this year for me, wife is still working. There is a little resentment, whether they admit it or not, but if you wake up with them and walk them to the car it takes the edge off... somewhat. Also have a hot bath and a glass of wine when they get home once a week and you'll be good to go. The voice of experience.
    Mine is 12 years younger, works at an old folks home, I tell her it is good training for taking care of me. I have trained her well, a coup[le of years ago I had permission to go to Jamaica a few years ago, by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Mine is 12 years younger, works at an old folks home, I tell her it is good training for taking care of me. I have trained her well, a coup[le of years ago I had permission to go to Jamaica a few years ago, by myself.
    That could be dangerous, everybody has a cell phone now and it's on the Internet in 60 seconds.
    I want to try Interstate 90 to CA. picking up Int. 5 south in Washington State. (Previous statement issued to abide by the non-hijacking thread rule CTR. 510.65)

Retirment set for me sometime in mid April....gotta go get a hernia done on the companys dime first....Then many road trips to southern Ohio, Thats the S/O favorite place to ride.....Heading to the smokies with the guys in July....Good thing the S/O doesn't care if I take road trips with the guys as long as she gets her short weekend trips in....all is good..!