LED Signal & Tail light upgrades/smart triple play - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LED Signal & Tail light upgrades/smart triple play

Quote Originally Posted by Hdnvn View Post
    Installed and working awesome. I added one light to each turn signal section and wired to the light next to it making a total of six lights in the rear. I cannot imagine anyone NOT seeing my ass end especially with the entire row lighting up even brighter when braking. I programmed the center section to flash four times when applying brakes but the turn signal sections brighten as well. It's a really good system, I'm pleasantly surprised at how all the lighting matches even though we have the clear/red lenses. When lit if all looks uniform. As well the LEDs recommended by the post are a very good choice. Bright red and yes, they all were the same. Thanks for guidance, this is the way to go
    Glad you got it working brother. Pretty easy install with the posi taps. I havent seen ANYTING on the market that gives you the kind of control you get with the triple play. Glad your pleased brother!!!

Maybe you can post a vid of your setup, i would like to see how the 6 lights look. Sounds great!

Grant

Quote Originally Posted by blueverclear View Post
    I actually bought mine on ebay from a custom dynamics authorized dealer but you can order directly from them with no problem also. I did get the posi-tap and posi-lock that I need to complete the install which makes it pretty easy for sure even if your not that good at electrical stuff.

The color codes are spot on, I actually connected mine to the harness when the tail light comes out of the bike so that if I wanted to change the settings I could by just removing the tail light instead of taking off the hand rails and seat. I also could have mounted it somewhere under the right side or left side cover but I was unsure if I could get to the necessary wires from there.

The only deviation from the instructions was to connect the blue and orange wires coming from the triple play to the wire that powers the 12V accessory socket when the bike is turned on. The triple play needs to see 12 volts for these 2 wires and because of the canbus system you can get that from the running lights like the instructions say.

Grant
    I just ordered these today. Did you use Velcro to secure the Triple Play behind the tail light assembly? Hopefully I'll do the install this weekend. I am confused by the deviation from the instructions you did. Would you please go into greater detail on how you connected the blue and orange wires to the power wire for the accessory socket. Why couldn't you simply use the tail light wire as that comes on when the bike is switched on? You last paragraph confuses me a bit. I get a bit nervous with wire cutters and a brand new bike, hope you understand. Thanx.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    I just ordered these today. Did you use Velcro to secure the Triple Play behind the tail light assembly? Hopefully I'll do the install this weekend. I am confused by the deviation from the instructions you did. Would you please go into greater detail on how you connected the blue and orange wires to the power wire for the accessory socket. Why couldn't you simply use the tail light wire as that comes on when the bike is switched on? You last paragraph confuses me a bit. I get a bit nervous with wire cutters and a brand new bike, hope you understand. Thanx.
    Sure thing, basically the blue and orange wires coming from the triple play basically power the unit. The triple play must receive 12 volts to power up correctly which is the reason why you run a wire to the positive wire of the 12V accessory to give them enough voltage. From what I understand the running lights are only around 9 volts because they run through the canbus system on the wing, which is not enough volts to power the triple play accurately.

Grant

Hey Grant, thanks for your help on this. My triple play arrived in todays mail, still waiting on the LEDs and the no load flasher will not be ready till 4/4. Anyway, I did manage to get the triple play installed and I took power from the accessory slot of the fuse box. There isn't a whole lot of room when splicing up the wires with the posi-locs. It works using the incandescent lights but blinks fast without the required flasher. I programmed it, bolted the light assembly back on, took the bike off the stand, checked my work; and, only the center running light was on. No brake light, directional back to normal speed but one side blinking bright while the other blinking dim. So a phone call to Custom Dynamic. Answered a lot of questions then I was told tech support would call me back in 30 minutes.

In the meantime I wired up my GPS to the accessory slot on the fuse box and just for kicks pulled that fuse. Damn fuse was blown. Changed the fuse and the triple play starts working again. Tomorrow I'll tape over all the posi-locs so that when I reinstall the rear lights nothing shorts out. I didn't see any bare wires but that's the only way to blow a fuse, right? What else might cause this?

Anyways, it's a load off my mind to have adequate lighting rear lighting. Nice mod Grant, thanks again.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974

Hey Grant, thanks for your help on this. My triple play arrived in todays mail, still waiting on the LEDs and the no load flasher will not be ready till 4/4. Anyway, I did manage to get the triple play installed and I took power from the accessory slot of the fuse box. There isn't a whole lot of room when splicing up the wires with the posi-locs. It works using the incandescent lights but blinks fast without the required flasher. I programmed it, bolted the light assembly back on, took the bike off the stand, checked my work; and, only the center running light was on. No brake light, directional back to normal speed but one side blinking bright while the other blinking dim. So a phone call to Custom Dynamic. Answered a lot of questions then I was told tech support would call me back in 30 minutes.

In the meantime I wired up my GPS to the accessory slot on the fuse box and just for kicks pulled that fuse. Damn fuse was blown. Changed the fuse and the triple play starts working again. Tomorrow I'll tape over all the posi-locs so that when I reinstall the rear lights nothing shorts out. I didn't see any bare wires but that's the only way to blow a fuse, right? What else might cause this?

Anyways, it's a load off my mind to have adequate lighting rear lighting. Nice mod Grant, thanks again.
    Yea the tech support staff over at custom dynamics are great and really helpfull. Glad you got it hooked up and working. It will be even better once you get the red led bulbs and the plug and play electronic flasher.

Grant

The LEDs came in today's mail and I put them in. Man those things are bright. They really light the back of the bike up. Why Honda didn't use the entire light assembly as running and brake lights is beyond me. If the Blaster X strobes don't get their attention, nothing will.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974

The LEDs came in today's mail and I put them in. Man those things are bright. They really light the back of the bike up. Why Honda didn't use the entire light assembly as running and brake lights is beyond me. If the Blaster X strobes don't get their attention, nothing will.
    +1 I agree 100% I haven't seen anything brighter on a wing to date.

WOW!!!!!!!!

I LOVE the just simple look!

My F6B Should be here in a week or so (2015 deluxe in Blue).
    This mod WILL be happening!!!!!

Thanks!

Joel S.

Blueverclear,

I bought a set of these LED's from Ebay thanks to your post !! They make a HUGE difference in the visibility for the two center tail lights. The turn signals are very bright, so I don't think a change is needed. I didn't buy the "triple play" because I purchased "Hyper-lite" U32 kit with the electronic blinkers built into the LED lights.

Together they are "out of this world" bright. Great stuff. Nice job on your bike!! Thanks for posting this. I'll put a picture up here later today.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewdog View Post
    Blueverclear,

I bought a set of these LED's from Ebay thanks to your post !! They make a HUGE difference in the visibility for the two center tail lights. The turn signals are very bright, so I don't think a change is needed. I didn't buy the "triple play" because I purchased "Hyper-lite" U32 kit with the electronic blinkers built into the LED lights.

Together they are "out of this world" bright. Great stuff. Nice job on your bike!! Thanks for posting this. I'll put a picture up here later today.
    Nice!!!! lol no problem at all.

Grant