Chrome wheel spoke covers,,,
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chrome wheel spoke covers,,,

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar

Chrome wheel spoke covers,,,

I know the F6B is pretty much the 'anti-chrome' choice of Wing riders, but some riders coming from chrome-enhanced V-twins may suffer from TBTS syndrome,,,

('too black / too soon')

Granted, not everyone will be affected, but a little chrome here and there in moderation might be OK,,,

Currently, there are several 'auto' rims with chrome and black themes that look 'nice',,,,

Wondering if these covers would 'blend well' with the overall black F6B front wheel / brake covers appearance:

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/133...l-spoke-covers

Perhaps a slight 'flow' of chrome 'hints' from the front wheel, past the engine guards/valve covers, back through the exhaust,,,

As far as appearance, I think with the wheel/tire off the bike, adding these covers would improve the overall look of the wheel/tire.

What it looks like on the bike might be a different story,,,

I'm sure many here "Just say NO to CHROME!"

LOL! I understand, but I'd like to know if anyone has or knows someone who actually tried these on a Wing before? Are they going to be durable, or fly off like Chinese throwing stars over 40 mph?

I assume the Gwing rims are smooth and machine-finished where these 'glue' on,,,, Are the F6B rims the same, machine finished but painted/powder-coated?

TIA!

Wonder if they would stay on.... at speed ???? could be an option.... maybe not ????
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

NOPE!

I have an almost totally chromed out '97' Honda Valkyrie. If you know anything about this bike, you know how much chrome goodies you could and still can get for this machine. BUT! My black F6B will NEVER have any more chrome parts than what it came with from the factory.
    ANTI CHROME for the F6B!

Completely understand if you want to stay with noir.

Would like to know if anyone has any first or second hand experiences with this product,,,

Your bike, your money. Chrome the whole thing for all I care. Just warn me when you bring it out in the sunlight so I'm not blinded.

LOL!

Not talking about a full-on OLD WING bling job, just a thought in my noggin. reaching out to some folks I thought might know.

Looks like this isn't the right crowd,,,,

No worries!

Back to Black!

Detail my Rune after even a short rain ride and you will go back to black and never look back!

I'm with Western. Chromed out my Rune. Never my 6!

Someone posted another pic but here's one I found.

chromed1800.jpg

I added the chrome looking vents for the fairing and front fender. Then added some of the chrome looking fender trim. All of this stuff is stick on bling and may be removed when I upgrade to decent paint but for now just a little bit sets mine black unit off from others in a parking lot.

What I am really looking at is something to dress out rear view of the bags. Have not settled in on an answer just yet but looking at a reflective stick on solution. The ass end on this thing is already as big as Montana so something to break up that rear end "panoramic view" ....ANY SUGGESTIONS or pics of what others have done?

Take care my friends and ride safe
    Mike Neal
    East Texas