My sympathies to you winter bound riders.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My sympathies to you winter bound riders.

My sympathies to you winter bound riders.

Went out for a nice ride today after being sick for a while. My sympathies to you winter bound riders that are out of the saddle for months at a time.

Went out for a breakfast run, then picked out a new mountain destination and headed for it. Beautiful day, ride, weather and scenery. Wishing you guys the same.

I got out today also. I too have been under the weather for about a month, allergies mostly from the Ash trees in my neighborhood. Got up to Globe AZ wher the temps were in the 70's and the air was clear and fresh. Dodged way too many Snowbirds but I got home safe. I lived in NE Ohio for almost 40 years and I hated the fact that the riding season was so short. You guys have my sympathies also...

Heads out tomorrow for a 200 mile run...75*...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    I live in the Midwest but I never miss a month riding. I've ridden 4 times since Christmas.

Some Harleys and I went for a 3 hour ride to the South Tx motorcycle museum yesterday. Going there I led the pack and it was nice. The wife and I could hear the music in our headsets fine. On the way back though, had 2 of those noisy bastards in front of us and could hardly hear a thing. Still a great ride for a Saturday.

I rode into work this morning!!! (45 miles each way) 2.28.16

Today is very nice for February in St Louis.
    50 degrees on the way in @ 5:00am and 60 degrees on the way home @ 6:00pm.

I have done very well riding this winter in St Louis.

As long as it is in the high 30s on my ride in and 50s on the way home with no rain and wind below 20mph I will ride into work every time.
    I just wear heated gear and I can ride a lot in the winter.

I have ridden to work at least 5 times since Christmas.
    I have ridden at least once every other week all winter.
    I have two steel horses to exercise the F6B and the CB750K.

I keep them both on the battery maintainer with stabil in the gas in case I go longer than a week without riding. That way they are ready to go at any time. I think putting them up for the winter is the worse thing you can do for a bike. It also makes the bike and me much happier to ride through the winter because I don't get depressed from not riding. I just need to wash it more often to keep the road salt off of it.
    Steve

I got up to Payson AZ this morning, beautiful day. Pulled into the garage and the odometer rolled over 1500 miles, exactly. I bought the bike Christmas week, it's a mile eater.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    I got up to Payson AZ this morning, beautiful day. Pulled into the garage and the odometer rolled over 1500 miles, exactly. I bought the bike Christmas week, it's a mile eater.
    It is. For sure.

Had to make a quick run to the office today (I predominately WFH) in order to pick up a docking station for my new laptop. It was a 100 mile round trip; but it was all smiles on my F6B.

I just wish the ride today was much longer.....

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Was 55 Saturday, were a few bikes out, to much sand and salt for me to feel safe , little snow on Sunday. Been patiently waiting for this winter to be over, can wait a little longer.
    Plan is to get some warm time in Arizona this next winter.

It hit 58 degrees here on top of the mountain Sunday so I got in a 90 mile ride, mainly to test out my new addition of a Breakaway throttle lock which I will report on on another thread.
    I really had to be cautious do to the amount of sand and gravel on the roads. The temps are coming up nicely. Now what we need is a good heavy rain to wash the roads clean.