Tired of "belonging"
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tired of "belonging"

Tired of "belonging"

Just have had it tonight. Enough. Tired of being in a club where the expectations don't materialize. VFW, American Legion, etc... organizations that I have joined and see the true designs of the local "brethren" of the posts that I belong to.

Almost "effed" someone up tonight but my inner being told me to walk away. I did just that. It was hard and but I did it. I will not be "chit" upon... I'm not going to go into details of what happened... but I am actually amazed that I had tolerated what occurred tonight. Maybe old age and sanity are finally kicking in.

I don't display "colors" and have never really went for that. But recently I decided to wear a patch of a local veteran's rider's organization and now I am going to rip it off. It just isn't working for me.

I'm "Lone Wolf'ing" it again. It's the best solace that I can find, and am seemingly comfortable with. Enjoyed the last F6B rally in Franklin N.C and will attend this year's Russelville's Rally. Everyone is unique and contributes. Without an ulterior agenda...

Tell me about your memberships in local motorcycle organizations. The one that I just exorcised myself from tonight; is more interested in fund raising; than riding.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Well for one thing, being in a club is not for you it's for the club so when you join you don't join for what they represent but what they do. Just make sure their activities are what you like to do before you join.

Quote Originally Posted by TailGunner View Post
    Well for one thing, being in a club is not for you it's for the club so when you join you don't join for what they represent but what they do. Just make sure their activities are what you like to do before you join.
    That is sage advice. Thanks for that.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

shooter
    What I find around here is most guys are more interested in drinking than riding. I don't care if a guy has a drink but these guys can't pass a bar. If there is a bar every 5 miles then they stop every 5 miles. I like to ride. Drinking isn't riding. That's why I usually just ride with family.

At Russelville Phantom will be collecting dues for the hillaree campaign. And patches and tattoos are now required. Please bring plenty of cash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I ride solo 99.9% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Just have had it tonight. Enough. Tired of being in a club where the expectations don't materialize. VFW, American Legion, etc... organizations that I have joined and see the true designs of the local "brethren" of the posts that I belong to.

Almost "effed" someone up tonight but my inner being told me to walk away. I did just that. It was hard and but I did it. I will not be "chit" upon... I'm not going to go into details of what happened... but I am actually amazed that I had tolerated what occurred tonight. Maybe old age and sanity are finally kicking in.

I don't display "colors" and have never really went for that. But recently I decided to wear a patch of a local veteran's rider's organization and now I am going to rip it off. It just isn't working for me.

I'm "Lone Wolf'ing" it again. It's the best solace that I can find, and am seemingly comfortable with. Enjoyed the last F6B rally in Franklin N.C and will attend this year's Russelville's Rally. Everyone is unique and contributes. Without an ulterior agenda...

Tell me about your memberships in local motorcycle organizations. The one that I just exorcised myself from tonight; is more interested in fund raising; than riding.
    Been there, done that, and came to the same conclusion as you. Do your own thing!

I too ride solo most of the time. Once in a while I will ride with my son. There's nothing like a nice ride and friendly conversation with a stranger at breakfast. I've met some pretty cool people while riding solo. Frankly I never felt I belonged, anywhere.....

shooter
    I'm lucky , my best riding buddy is my wife. We don't need anybody else to have fun.

I can relate

I went to a few Goldwing Riders meetings. I fully expected that, after lunch, we will go riding somewhere. Never happened, they all just went home. I also was a member of HOG Chapter in Florida for a while. I actually enjoyed going on a few rides with some members there. I also rode with a club in SC. On one ride, they wanted me to lead the group, but one guy also said to avoid the curves as they are too old to ride them. That was the last time I rode with them.

In my opinion, motorcycling is difficult to do in a group. I do a lot of solo riding. My wife chooses not to go with me and I'm OK with that as I accepted that. I have just a few friends I like riding with, but it is hard to get together to ride as we all have our own lives and responsibilities. Also, I only want to ride with people that have similar riding skills with mine, otherwise it becomes a chore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden