High Vis. Gear
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: High Vis. Gear

High Vis. Gear

I was wondering how many out there wears High Vis. Gear, weather it be a helmet, jacket, pants or all. Do you wear it only at night or all the time.

Hi Viz Jacket

I wear a hi viz jacket on night rides and sometimes during the day. I also found some glow in the dark black tape that I put on my helmet for additional visibility. I prefer perforated leather, but it doesnt' have the visibility I would prefer at night, especially on a black bike.

I always wear a white helmet. A white helmet seems to be most visible in all weather conditions.

I wear an Olympia High visibility mesh jacket in almost all of the seasons; except in the summer if I am riding very close to home (store and back, or just tooling around the neighborhood). Probably when I'm going to get hit.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Remember, we are free to wear whatever we want because we are NOT riding Harleys!!

I wear Hi-Viz 100% of the time. Depends on the climate / weather as to what I wear. I have a vest (similar to what construction workers wear), a First Gear mesh jacket for warm weather and a First Gear cold weather jacket - all Hi-Viz yellow. The bottom line . . I want to be seen. The first thing a cager will say after he hits a motorcycle - "I didn't see him". I see a lot of Harley riders (and others too), dressed in black almost like they're trying to camouflage themselves on the road - I can only shake my head when I see this. My advice, wear Hi-Viz clothing and dress like you want to be seen - it may not be cool but it could save your bacon.

Hi-Vis

Quote Originally Posted by 2015F6B View Post
    I wear Hi-Viz 100% of the time. Depends on the climate / weather as to what I wear. I have a vest (similar to what construction workers wear), a First Gear mesh jacket for warm weather and a First Gear cold weather jacket - all Hi-Viz yellow. The bottom line . . I want to be seen. The first thing a cager will say after he hits a motorcycle - "I didn't see him". I see a lot of Harley riders (and others too), dressed in black almost like they're trying to camouflage themselves on the road - I can only shake my head when I see this. My advice, wear Hi-Viz clothing and dress like you want to be seen - it may not be cool but it could save your bacon.
    +1

Advice from a friend: assume half the vehicles can't see you and the other half are trying to kill you.
    --------------------------------------------
    2013 F6B Deluxe Black
    2004 BMW R1150RT
    2005 Yamaha Zuma

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

My gear isn't high viz, but it is gray with reflective piping. I did want a bike with dual headlights and with the mirrors lit also, this bike was high on the list. I did want a brighter color, but that didn't happen. I got hit last year from being invisible....and that was with an HID headlamp, brake light modulator, and a Guardian bell. Not into those items so much anymore. I will end with this... ATGATT
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Harley Riders

Quote Originally Posted by F6bisnext View Post
    Remember, we are free to wear whatever we want because we are NOT riding Harleys!!
    That's interesting. I was having dinner with a friend and his wife (neither are riders) a few years ago and she made a similar comment. She referred to Harley riders as 'a million individuals -- all dressed alike'.

shooter
    Duke , did you put a bell on this new bike?