Tired of "belonging"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tired of "belonging"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    shooter
    What I find around here is most guys are more interested in drinking than riding. I don't care if a guy has a drink but these guys can't pass a bar. If there is a bar every 5 miles then they stop every 5 miles. I like to ride. Drinking isn't riding. That's why I usually just ride with family.

At Russelville Phantom will be collecting dues for the hillaree campaign. And patches and tattoos are now required. Please bring plenty of cash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I ride solo 99.9% of the time.

I too ride solo most of the time. Once in a while I will ride with my son. There's nothing like a nice ride and friendly conversation with a stranger at breakfast. I've met some pretty cool people while riding solo. Frankly I never felt I belonged, anywhere.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    I too ride solo most of the time. Once in a while I will ride with my son. There's nothing like a nice ride and friendly conversation with a stranger at breakfast. I've met some pretty cool people while riding solo. Frankly I never felt I belonged, anywhere.....
    This is me!!

shooter
    I'm lucky , my best riding buddy is my wife. We don't need anybody else to have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I'm lucky , my best riding buddy is my wife. We don't need anybody else to have fun.
    Ditto......never had the gnawing need to ride in or belong to a group. I've ridden with Bill and Steve from here and that's about it. Hitched up with a stray rider here and there for no more than a mile or two and then parted ways. Welcome back to our club.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Ditto !!
    Been riding for well over 55 years. My wife and I have been members of a few clubs starting in 1977.
    If my memory serves me we were done with clubs in 1986. No need to give details cause we have all been there. My riding buddy is my wife !!
    Oh yes she knows I keep up with Steve's Chive On !!

Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
    I ride solo 99.9% of the time.
    +1 And when I take it out, it's 100 miles or more one way, or stay at home.

I have in the past belonged to groups, most are your average Sunday riding club. Some did the rides for the clubs and some for the ride. Once politics get involved it tears the group apart. Now I don't mind taking off Saturday and coming home Sunday alone, go where I want when I want.