I was heading out last week on a perfect early spring day and ran into one of my neighbors who was busy washing and polishing his Harley three wheeler. The first thing he asked me was, "are you going on the up coming Legion ride"?
I asked him where they were going. His response was just around the county. I've been there done that. In a quick flashback, I remembered a bunch of weekend riders who are content to ride in circles with no destination. They didn't ride at a steady speed. They usually were running up a tailpipe and then hitting the brakes and again speeding up to hit the brakes again. It really wasn't my idea of fun. So I guess I'm not a real be-longer either.

However, I do like too ride with a group that has destinations in mind. For example, I'm currently putting a ride together on this site called "NE meet and greet"(look under forum planned trips.. all are welcome).
My plan is to meet up at a well known PA welcome center on I-84. There I will hand out a paper itinerary listing the destinations, approx. miles and planned routes to points of interest in the area. A mountain water fall will be the first stop approx. 30 miles from the starting point, where we will have a planned stop to view the fall and give everybody a chance to catch up; planned 15 minute stop. This way everybody can travel at their own speed and stop and linger and BS where they want. There will be suggested departure times from each stop and a planned lunch break at a favored Bakery 45 min to 1 hr stop. Eat fast or eat at your leisure depart when you want. You know the next stop the distance and how to get there.
Maybe I am a be-longer as long as I can do it at my speed, see something interesting, and eat well. Sometimes I even enjoy the BS along the way.

PS. I have noticed no one from near by NJ has committed yet. I guess that's because they charge you to get out of that state