I ride with 4 clubs, each is very different. Style, pace, group size. In 1981 I joined the group I still ride with now. I do any where between 28-35 riders a season withthem. Last weekend in April through the end of September.They are some what of a bar to bar. Wednesday nights are up to 50 miles, Saturdays up to 100 miles. Group sizes are 18-45 riders. Back in the 1980s a Wednesday evening ride could net 90 bikes.The next group is more of a touring/ sport group. That group takes brakes at gas stations. Ride sizes 10-18 riders. Lunch will be at a bar that serves real food. Rides are 200-375 miles. They have 2-3 riders a month. The next group is more of a sport touring group, again stops are at gas stations, lunch at a bar with real food. Use of drugs or alcohol at any time on a ride is not tolerated. Rides are 275-475 miles. Group sizes are generally capped at 15 riders. They generally have 2 rides a month.The last group rides only on Sunday's. Again stops are in gas stations. Lunch at a bar with real food. No alcohol or drugs are are to be consumed during the ride. This is a sight seeing group. No more than posted speeds in the straight aways and usually under the posted in the corners. The number of riders is capped at 8. Rides are 250-375 miles. With this group I've gotten as high as 50 mpg. The one thing in common with these 4 groups is that there is no politics, which is why I rided with and belong to them. I do have times that I want the solitaire run to clear my head.