Tired of "belonging" - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tired of "belonging"

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I'm lucky , my best riding buddy is my wife. We don't need anybody else to have fun.
    Ditto......never had the gnawing need to ride in or belong to a group. I've ridden with Bill and Steve from here and that's about it. Hitched up with a stray rider here and there for no more than a mile or two and then parted ways. Welcome back to our club.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Just have had it tonight. Enough. Tired of being in a club where the expectations don't materialize. VFW, American Legion, etc... organizations that I have joined and see the true designs of the local "brethren" of the posts that I belong to.

Almost "effed" someone up tonight but my inner being told me to walk away. I did just that. It was hard and but I did it. I will not be "chit" upon... I'm not going to go into details of what happened... but I am actually amazed that I had tolerated what occurred tonight. Maybe old age and sanity are finally kicking in.

I don't display "colors" and have never really went for that. But recently I decided to wear a patch of a local veteran's rider's organization and now I am going to rip it off. It just isn't working for me.

I'm "Lone Wolf'ing" it again. It's the best solace that I can find, and am seemingly comfortable with. Enjoyed the last F6B rally in Franklin N.C and will attend this year's Russelville's Rally. Everyone is unique and contributes. Without an ulterior agenda...

Tell me about your memberships in local motorcycle organizations. The one that I just exorcised myself from tonight; is more interested in fund raising; than riding.
    Don't join them, don't want to, before you know it they have their own patch and bandanas and the scariest - the board of directors. If I want to go riding with someone, which I don't 99.9% of the time, I'll call them up and say "Hey, let's take a ride" no committee, no vote. You also avoid the "Johnny me-too" guys, the guys who whine because the other guy led the ride last time and now it's their turn or they always go to the diner the other guy likes but never go to his place etc. My father told me a long time ago "Walk alone and you'll walk further." Sound advice.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    At Russelville Phantom will be collecting dues for the hillaree campaign. And patches and tattoos are now required. Please bring plenty of cash.

---- Who's Hillaree? Monica will be there to wash our bikes .

Stro, bring money she will be selling special Cigars.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    My father told me a long time ago "Walk alone and you'll walk further." Sound advice.
    Wise man. Good gene pool mate.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I ride with 4 clubs, each is very different. Style, pace, group size. In 1981 I joined the group I still ride with now. I do any where between 28-35 riders a season withthem. Last weekend in April through the end of September.They are some what of a bar to bar. Wednesday nights are up to 50 miles, Saturdays up to 100 miles. Group sizes are 18-45 riders. Back in the 1980s a Wednesday evening ride could net 90 bikes.The next group is more of a touring/ sport group. That group takes brakes at gas stations. Ride sizes 10-18 riders. Lunch will be at a bar that serves real food. Rides are 200-375 miles. They have 2-3 riders a month. The next group is more of a sport touring group, again stops are at gas stations, lunch at a bar with real food. Use of drugs or alcohol at any time on a ride is not tolerated. Rides are 275-475 miles. Group sizes are generally capped at 15 riders. They generally have 2 rides a month.The last group rides only on Sunday's. Again stops are in gas stations. Lunch at a bar with real food. No alcohol or drugs are are to be consumed during the ride. This is a sight seeing group. No more than posted speeds in the straight aways and usually under the posted in the corners. The number of riders is capped at 8. Rides are 250-375 miles. With this group I've gotten as high as 50 mpg. The one thing in common with these 4 groups is that there is no politics, which is why I rided with and belong to them. I do have times that I want the solitaire run to clear my head.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
    I ride solo 99.9% of the time.
    +1 And when I take it out, it's 100 miles or more one way, or stay at home.

I have in the past belonged to groups, most are your average Sunday riding club. Some did the rides for the clubs and some for the ride. Once politics get involved it tears the group apart. Now I don't mind taking off Saturday and coming home Sunday alone, go where I want when I want.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
    I ride solo 99.9% of the time.
    +1 No Fuss or Ado...point the bike in the direction "you choose" and ride

I remember the best club was the old "Lower 40" club. They had only one rule; if you want to join fine, but don't bother us about it.
    Most riders ride Harley's that explains the need for bar hoping.
    Biking is like boating if your waiting for someone else to cast the lines off you'll never leave the dock!

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Just have had it tonight. Enough. Tired of being in a club where the expectations don't materialize. VFW, American Legion, etc... organizations that I have joined and see the true designs of the local "brethren" of the posts that I belong to.

Almost "effed" someone up tonight but my inner being told me to walk away. I did just that. It was hard and but I did it. I will not be "chit" upon... I'm not going to go into details of what happened... but I am actually amazed that I had tolerated what occurred tonight. Maybe old age and sanity are finally kicking in.

I don't display "colors" and have never really went for that. But recently I decided to wear a patch of a local veteran's rider's organization and now I am going to rip it off. It just isn't working for me.

I'm "Lone Wolf'ing" it again. It's the best solace that I can find, and am seemingly comfortable with. Enjoyed the last F6B rally in Franklin N.C and will attend this year's Russelville's Rally. Everyone is unique and contributes. Without an ulterior agenda...

Tell me about your memberships in local motorcycle organizations. The one that I just exorcised myself from tonight; is more interested in fund raising; than riding.
    I don't know which "Club" you are/were a member of.

I'm in the CVMA. Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association. The CVMA is an association not a club thereby to distinguish between what our group is and make no inference that it is a "MC" and the connotations and problems that go with being an "MC".

We do raise money and do have a couple of Veteran's charities that we support. We do, however, help veteran's individually by different means.

The feel or mentality of the group can vary depending on the chapter one is associated with. We do quite a bit of riding. As with any group, some have different ideas of what riding is. Many of us , though spend a lot of time riding and sharing the wind just for the ride. I'm missing out on a great ride today, because I'm on call and the area several are riding to ( Eastern Kentucky) is too far away from home for me to answer an emergency call.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"