Multiple bike owners---tell me bout it - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Multiple bike owners---tell me bout it

shooter
    Still have my M109R. Don't ride it much. The B is much more comfortable and having some storage is nice. I have the 9 on Craigslist. Hopefully it moves in the spring. I hate to see it sit. I do ride it sometimes.IMG_20150116_132408843.jpg

Multiple Bike Owners

Well I just traded for the B so have not had the opportunity to log any miles yet, pick up on Tuesday. Like many on here I have owned many through the years.....I really miss my first bike which was a 1985 Honda Interceptor 750......that one started the passion!! Wish I had taken better care of that one. I recently traded my CBR600rr and Royal Star TD for my new F6B. Wifey wanted a new ride and we log a lot of 2 up miles every year. I have been looking at the F6B's since they launched and decided to pull the trigger. After the test drive I was Hooked!!

The one bike in the garage that is never going anywhere is my 2014 1700 VMAX had a used 2009 and loved it so much I upgraded to a 2014. It is absolute insanity, the most impractical bike I have ever owned. Small fuel tank, horrible gas mileage, very expensive to mod, but puts a big grin on my face every time I throw a leg over it!!! Adrenaline every time you launch it.........the emotional connection and experience is why we ride though?
    In the Garage:
    2014 Yamaha VMAX 1700- Matte Grey
    2015 Honda F6B- Matte Grey

My other bike is a Ducati Diavel Carbon.

My 2 joys to ride

Just a awesome ride the best between a bike & a car.
    Attachment 19248

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Interesting. I am surprised that you like the riding position more on the Vic. Yes, far more legroom and you can stretch out, but I have found that reclined, true "cruiser" position is not comfortable, regardless of seat, for more than about an hour. Even with the stock seat, the F6B is comfortable for about double that time, then my butt gets numb. A BMW rider told me that the semi-cruiser position of the F6B will be far more comfortable on a long ride than the cruiser position. I didn't believe him. Turns out, he was correct.
    Actually, I sit fairly upright and not in a reclined position when on Vic XC. My arms are straight ahead my torso (on F6B they are positioned lower) and I really like taking advantage of super long and spacious florboards. I can put my feet pretty much straight down or I can stretch them forward on them. So far I have found no need for forward mounted pegs. Vic also has a small lumbar support built in the seat, similar to my Mustang seat on F6B.

At 6' tall and 230 lbs. Vic fits me better than my HD Road King Classic did i the past.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

My fleet
    Attachment 19249
    2013 Honda F6B #374 (darksided)
    2004 Honda NRX1800 RUNE #274
    2008 Can Am Spyder #21 (basically factory darksided. )
    1989 Kawasaki KZ1000 Police
    1992 Yamaha FJ1200

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    Actually, I sit fairly upright and not in a reclined position when on Vic XC. My arms are straight ahead my torso (on F6B they are positioned lower) and I really like taking advantage of super long and spacious florboards. I can put my feet pretty much straight down or I can stretch them forward on them. So far I have found no need for forward mounted pegs. Vic also has a small lumbar support built in the seat, similar to my Mustang seat on F6B.

At 6' tall and 230 lbs. Vic fits me better than my HD Road King Classic did i the past.
    Strange, you are pretty much my exact size...when I test rode a XC Tour last fall, I knew right away it wasn't for me because I sat too low and too far back. Through forums like this, I have learned how one feels in terms of seating position, may be the most subjective thing between riders (other than add-ons, I suppose).

I didn't like the F6B's seating position when looking at it, but took a leap of faith when others told me that the position is better for longer riders. Turns out they were correct. I do wish my feet were a tad further forward.

Perhaps I will have to take another look at a Vic again as a second bike in the future.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by mtcgun View Post
    Wow, a KZ1000P! I used to own one too long time ago. I loved that bike! It handled great and was all day comfortable. I had it customized quite a bit including a flame paint job but kept that awesome seat. I really enjoyed its power and handling, spent numerous miles on it criss crossing North GA, Western NC and parts of TN and KY mountains on it. Unfortunately it was totaled when a car hit me sideways on I-285 around Atlanta, but the bike saved my ass.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

I have 4 (well) 1 is the boss,s bike..
    06 Yam Strat (one of a kind)
    08 Yam Strat
    13 F6B
    04 Honda Reflex (no pic)

Attachment 19251Attachment 19252Attachment 19253