Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multiple bike owners---tell me bout it

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My fleet
    Attachment 19249
    2013 Honda F6B #374 (darksided)
    2004 Honda NRX1800 RUNE #274
    2008 Can Am Spyder #21 (basically factory darksided. )
    1989 Kawasaki KZ1000 Police
    1992 Yamaha FJ1200

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    Actually, I sit fairly upright and not in a reclined position when on Vic XC. My arms are straight ahead my torso (on F6B they are positioned lower) and I really like taking advantage of super long and spacious florboards. I can put my feet pretty much straight down or I can stretch them forward on them. So far I have found no need for forward mounted pegs. Vic also has a small lumbar support built in the seat, similar to my Mustang seat on F6B.

At 6' tall and 230 lbs. Vic fits me better than my HD Road King Classic did i the past.
    Strange, you are pretty much my exact size...when I test rode a XC Tour last fall, I knew right away it wasn't for me because I sat too low and too far back. Through forums like this, I have learned how one feels in terms of seating position, may be the most subjective thing between riders (other than add-ons, I suppose).

I didn't like the F6B's seating position when looking at it, but took a leap of faith when others told me that the position is better for longer riders. Turns out they were correct. I do wish my feet were a tad further forward.

Perhaps I will have to take another look at a Vic again as a second bike in the future.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Well, it's an evolving process....

My first bike was an '81 GL1100
    16613_543773462319225_1253307776_n.jpg
    She was my first and she stayed for a very long time.

Next was a '73 HD Sportster, right foot shift.
    Attachment 19223
    This was the first Harley I ever rode, and my wife procured it from its owner as a "coming home in one piece from my last deployment" present.

After two years, the '73 was just unreliable for anything other than local rides, and after (I admit) begging to get a "real" Harley to ride with the "big boys" in the squadron, I got my '98 Heritage FLSTN.
    Heritage.jpg

One of my squadron mates was PCSing and he had a non-functional '78 CB750 - no paperwork - and just dropped it in my driveway one day while I was out.
    (no pic)

All 4 of these bikes moved with me from SoCal to Philadelphia in 2002.

The CB750 was the first to leave - I gave it to a fellow Marine who was going to bob it. Never saw the end state.

So down to 3....

I then came across a '98 Valk for an incredible deal - too incredible to pass up.
    6 into 6 exhaust - sounded like a properly tuned 1970 Mach 1 Mustang.
    Red Valk.jpg

Back to 4....

4 bikes in the stable for a few years, it became quickly apparent that I could not maintain and ride all 4.
    If I learned nothing else from the movie Toy Story - "toys are meant to be played with" and I was not doing right by the amount of iron in the garage.

The "letting go" process began.....

I sold the GL1800 to one of my former crewchiefs. It was my first bike and I hated to sell it, but I knew he would give her a good home and it was to be his first bike also.
    She is still running strong to this day.

Down to 3....

I sold the '73 Ironhead to a collector for a wad of cash and the removal of 4 trees (his company) on my property. She had become a certified "cranky bitch" and I was basically done with her.
    Even the nostalgia of being "my first Harley" was gone, although that my wife had purchased it for me was a really cool concept.

Down to 2......

I had heard about this "F6B" and finally saw one at the dealer where I taught the MSF course.
    F6B with Smuggler left side.jpg

Back up to 3...

Sold the Valkyrie back to her original owner.

Down to 2 again...

That's where we be.
    One Honda. One Harley.
    Equal opportunity.
    Two different missions.
    Love 'em both.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce