Multiple bike owners---tell me bout it - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Multiple bike owners---tell me bout it

I always liked the original Valkyrie, not so much the Rune. I also liked the bags on the Tourer version. Nice riding and comfortable bikes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

Thanks guys,
    The Valk started out as a standard. My riding buddy and I were looking for a project at the time so we thought my Valk wold be a great platform to start. A few beers, a few cigars, lots of ideas, and a lot of time is all it took. The motor was kept stock so most of the work was cosmetic so it ran great. It turned out to be a real conversation piece everywhere I went. Lots of funny stories to be told over the years with that bike. I loved my Valk but the F6B was the one that made me stray after all those years. Anyhow, I came across a few more pics you might enjoy.

The other one

hey Airborne, I will have to tell you that Valk is the best looking one I have ever seen. It would have been hard to get rid of it. My other is a M109R would never part with it. LOL Attachment 19351

Completely different rides..........
    2015 Blue F6B deluxe
    2014 Concours 14

Those completely different rides seem oh so familiar!

That Valkyrie was nice.

My other bike is the "Bastard Harley"

It has the Harley name on it but that is where it stops being a Harley. For that matter VRod owners don't claim it.

It is a Street Rod and it is very different than a VRod. The engine has about 10 more HP and torque from the factory than the standard VRod. It has mid position pegs and a different chassis that was only produced for 2 years. It was Harleys version of a sport bike that fell flat on it's face. Beefy brakes and a 40 degree lean angle along with 4 degrees less rake are just a few of the differences. It has very tall lower gears. Redline is 9K on the tach and you hit the rev limiter very easy. 7500 RPM in 2nd gear equals 70 MPH so you get a bit of an idea what this is. Hardly any parts from the VRod will fit, so it is a true White Elephant. Strange thing though, guys are very loyal to this bike for some reason. They use them as sport touring machines and rack up the miles with very few issues as far as break downs and maintenance. It is mostly refered to as a "Gentleman's Sportbike". Heavier than the GSXR and CBRs or R1 but very solid on the road.

Not especially a keeper, but a nice break from the B when you want to cut loose for a while.

BTW--- nice Valkyrie.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Attachment 19376 Attachment 1937720160224_151511.jpg
    I had a Suzuki GS 750, and at the same time a Kawasaki Voyager 1200 (couldn't find pics of either...sorry) got rid of those then i went to the Kawasaki Mean Streak(purple), and at the same time had the Royal Star Venture (blue one) both now gone...now I have the F6B (white).. have been blessed..

As of now I am down to just the F6B and my 1978 GL1000 that I have had for over 25 yrs.

The Old Wing is sometimes just a solo bike, sometimes a sidecar rig and sometimes as a full dressed sidecar rig. It depends on who I am taking and what I need at the time.