Quote Originally Posted by Slammd View Post
Well, I guess I wasted $50..So has anyone tried installing a set of Biketronics Titan II's? The company makes/offers a good product and have used their components on harley's with great success (meaning, when paired with a quality amp, kick arse!). These speakers are 6.5" and are rated at 100w rms. I really believe we will be very hard pressed to get real volume and quality sound out of the stock amp and lower power rated speakers.
FWIW, I liked the sound of the GTO638's (tight seal and polyfill helped). They could take 100% of the OEM volume without distorting but I fried one with the aftermarket amp which lead to something that could handle more power. Actually, one of the GT0638's were suspect when I received it. It would exhibit a slight buzz at a specific frequency and the aftermarket amp most likely gave it a mercy killing.

I am considering the Titan II 7.1's BT474 for the back tour pack. The Titan II 6.5's BT477 would need tapered 12-14mm spacer rings (140.7mm diameter hole (F6B OEM holes are @ 130mm) and 68.8mm mounting depth (F6B OEM depth is @ 55mm)) from my calculations and may require milling the dash cover. It has been on my radar, but not until the rears are in. I was going to call Bill @ BT and ask him if he has a spent 6.5" carcass that I could experiment fitment with. I have found a vendor in Wisconsin that can make the custom spacer rings. He has multiple sizes of rings on EBay of which one set should work if it is tapered on the inside to makeup for the 11mm difference in hole sizes. The radius would have to shrink/grow 5.5mm over the 12-14mm height taper.

FWIW, I am using the Infinity Kappa 6.5's currently with the Biketronics BT4180 amp. The HD guys rate the Kappa's as good and the Titan II's as the next step up. They also like the ARC MOTO's (better bass, less clarity than the Titan II's) and Focal KRC's which are larger, more $$$ than the Titan II's and will most likely not fit the F6B.

The Titan II 6.5's are rebranded Hybrid Audio Technology (HAT) Imagine I61-2V2 with a lifetime Biketronics guarantee. Can't beat that.

The Titan II 7.1's are also HAT's specially made for Biketronics. They also have a 7.1 Pro set for some extra $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
I think an amp replacement is necessary to get high quality sound, which I am willing to do, but with that a complete rewire is needed which I am not willing to do. Honda neededs to come up with a new sound harness,amp, and speakers as a package.
Running the new larger gauge speaker wires is a piece of cake. Mustering up enough nerve to cut the OEM amp harness takes a little more effort.