Another Dirtstiff Speaker Thread - Page 13
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Dirtstiff Speaker Thread

Quote Originally Posted by oiler View Post
    Not looking for guesses...is there anyone that has actually heard both the JBL's and the NEW version of the J&M's on a F6B? If the sound quality is the same between the two, I would rather pay the extra $75 and get the J&M's and not have to worry about fitment, water or whether or not they will fry your amp.
    Although I have not heard the difference, and I would not want to be the one that you would base your purchase upon, The general agreement, by those that seem to have an ear for that kind of thing, is pretty much what I stated above. Anyone, anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by oiler View Post
    Not looking for guesses...is there anyone that has actually heard both the JBL's and the NEW version of the J&M's on a F6B? If the sound quality is the same between the two, I would rather pay the extra $75 and get the J&M's and not have to worry about fitment, water or whether or not they will fry your amp.
    I believe F6 pilot had the newer J&M's in his and found the JBL's far surpassed the sound they put out.Mine will be here Friday and I will install them replacing the older J&M's that have been in my bike for over a year.While I felt the J&M's I have were better then the stock speakers I felt for 54 bucks these were worth a try and I have not heard a bad comment on the sound of these yet..As far as fryin the amp I believe it was shown in a previous post that a JBL rep said these speakers will perform on any amp from 2-4 ohm rating without a problem.But enough of us are going to run these that time will tell if one of us frys a amp.Get the J&M's if it will help you not worry about your amp.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Although I have not heard the difference, and I would not want to be the one that you would base your purchase upon, The general agreement, by those that seem to have an ear for that kind of thing, is pretty much what I stated above. Anyone, anyone.
    choptop thanks for your input but the comparison between the two is really still unknown. All I have been hearing is that the JBL's sound better than stock or they sound better than the old version of the J&M's or they heard them in a car or they sounded great in a store or they sound great with an aftermarket amp. Is there anyone that has heard the JBL's and the NEW version of the J&M's both in a F6 with the stock amp?

I plan on installing and trying both out hopefully this weekend. Will give my tone def opinion after that.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I plan on installing and trying both out hopefully this weekend. Will give my tone def opinion after that.
    Thanks choptop...will be watching for you results and I am sure you will be able to tell which sound better.

A solution for those of you who wore out the oem rubber backed speaker nuts or simply pushed them off like I did during my many surgeries.

Metal fender clip nuts in combination with drywall anchors work perfectly.

Both are available at Ace.

Attachment 19507
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    I believe F6 pilot had the newer J&M's in his and found the JBL's far surpassed the sound they put out.
    I have the older J&M speakers.

Speaker Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Willl View Post
    Looking forward to hearing them in person

With my stock set up, Chuck's J&M set up and now your JBL set up we should be able to do a nice comparison

I'll bring the db meter, sound quality will be subjective but we could do a blind sound test
    Sounds like a plan Will, Dirtstiff. ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

Mekong Delta/Can Tho/ Rung Sat- 8/66 ~ 8/68

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    A solution for those of you who wore out the oem rubber backed speaker nuts or simply pushed them off like I did during my many surgeries.

Metal fender clip nuts in combination with drywall anchors work perfectly.

Both are available at Ace.

Attachment 19507

Just ordered a pair.

Ordered the foam baffles also. I wonder will fit or make any difference in the fairing.