Another Dirtstiff Speaker Thread - Page 20
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Dirtstiff Speaker Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    Got my bike out of hibernation today. I took it for a 10 mile ride, added sea foam and top off the tank with fuel. I came home because rain was coming in and it got colder. So I decided to put in the JBL'S if it wasn't for losing a nut sert I would have had them in an hour or less. I used straight and right handed tin snipes, it was so simple this way and no grinding dust. Now for my review. I only listened to the radio. I live 35 miles south of Chicago so my signal on all radio stations are great. These speaker do not seem as loud on lower volume 15 to 20. At under 50 MPH 15 to 20 is not loud enough. Once I hit 20 on the volume these speakers come alive. At 20 these speakers have no detectable distortion . They are not very responsive at the lower volumes. The stock speakers were louder at lower volume but became distorted after 20. So my review is buy them but you have run them at a higher volume than what your use to. You will not have distortion from these speakers at higher volume like you did with the stock ones.
    I noticed some similar things about the jbl gx602 speakers. The volume is pretty even for me up to about volume 20 just much clearer. above 20 its no comparison at all. Much louder and clearer for sure. I think the difference is under 20 you dont have enough rms wattage to make the jobs scream but once the wattage starts kicking in they come alive.

Grant

Question, after doing this speaker mod I left the tweeters in but disconnected. Is everyone else doing this or are they removing them from the front cover pods. I'm thinking about taking them out. I have a digital gear indicator that I'm thinking about installing it in the left tweeter pod.

Question, after doing this speaker mod I left the tweeters in but disconnected. Is everyone else doing this or are they removing them from the front cover pods. I'm thinking about taking them out. I have a digital gear indicator that I'm thinking about installing it in the left tweeter pod.
    I left my tweeters disconnected but still in place.

Also had installed my GI Pro indicator here:

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I left my tweeters disconnected but still in place.

Also had installed my GI Pro indicator here:

I was going to do the same thing but ran out of time. I was going to Dremel out the tweeter hole and fit it in. How much Tupperware do I have to take off to run the wire for the GI Pro.

I was going to do the same thing but ran out of time. I was going to Dremel out the tweeter hole and fit it in. How much Tupperware do I have to take off to run the wire for the GI Pro.
    See this below thread (starting at post #45 or so...). It should help ya wit dat

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?4...gear+indicator

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

This is what I got when I went to the site...Sorry...just don't know how to insert a clip of the page.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...BL-GTO638.html
    Regards,
    Sober Biker

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
    It is the illusion of knowledge."
    ~ Stephen Hawking

2016 Goldwing F6B - Yet to be named
    2013 Goldwing F6B - "Bat Bike" Traded
    2008 BMW K1200LT - "Da Couch"

still available on amazon

For those whom have asked -

In car stereo wiring, the large spade connection is the positive + wire connection and the small spade connector is always negative in oem wiring.

Be careful with wiring with a white stripe. Most refer to a white striped wire as positive polarity(Polk Audio for one ), but not all.

Best to start with the correct spade connector size; large for positive and use an Ohm or resistance meter to double check before hooking up to your amp or head unit.

Using an Ohm meter, correct continuity will give you a 0 or near 0 ohm reading, verifying one end of a wire belongs to another.

Jim
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Jim (et al),

I think that there is still a final fitment issue with the JBL speakers; even after trimming the two areas on each outer speaker ring; so they can seat into the front dash speaker cutouts.

My plastic front console cover does not completely seat on the bottom when reinstalling it. I believe that it is due to the outer raised metal ring of the JBL speaker, which is also large in circumference as compared to the stock speaker.

From examining it closely, it appears that it induces a small gap on the bottom of both sides of the front plastic console cover.

I am thinking that I am going to have to get the Dremel back out and take out this raised outer area(s) of the speaker ring; in order to get the front panel to fully seat so there is no gap.

Is anyone else having this issue?

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post

Is anyone else having this issue?
    Yep, noticed that. The interference is small however so I'm not really concerned about it nor have I taken any steps to modify it. If you figure out the exact cause and remedy, definitely put up a post about it. If it's a quick fix, I may consider it.
    Ken (Hornblower)