Another Dirtstiff Speaker Thread - Page 22
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Another Dirtstiff Speaker Thread

Blueverclear did you ever get your rear speakers going ?
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    Steve
    He has to get his bike out of purgatory first.

Steve
    My bike is still at the shop....... HONDA OF NEW ORLEANS HAS THE WORST SERVICE DEPARTMENT IN THE COUNTRY............... OMFG

Ok so here is the story.... I bought the bike used with 3500 miles on it. Still had the factory warranty and i purchased a 2 year extended warranty. After riding about 100 miles I was starting to see a "glaze" of oil on my left boot. No oil in the driveway or where I park the bike every night. It would only do this when its pressurized and running down the road, let it idle for 45 minutes and no drops at all.

So I bring it to the crappy ass stupid ass dealer not too far from my house and they kept the bike almost 2 weeks the first time before I went over there and raised hell about the repair taking so long. They said they couldn't find anything but they think it was coming from the valve cover on the left side. They changed the gasket and finally after almost 3 week I got my bike back.

So naturally the next week when i got a chance i went on about a 200 mile run, wouldn't you know........... they hadn't fixed anything and still doing the same thing so I call the service manager back and he says "oh yea, no problem just bring it back. And I talked to Honda and they said the racall has never been done so we will do that to and have you in and out in a few days"............ We its been 2.5 weeks ago since i dropped the bike off for the second time and basically they haven't done a damn thing at all. The service manager even lied to me last saturday and told me that they found the problem and it would be ready this wednesday. When i went there yesterday one of the tech admitted me that they in fact had not found the problem, didn't know why the service manager told me that, and the were waiting on the regional tech to come by and help them out.

At this point, enough was enough, and I reported the activity to mother honda who has opened up a case and will be following up with the dealer and myself next week. They will NEVER get my business again.

Grant

I also have a soundstream amp that I will be installing on the bike with my new rear speakers which will control both from and rear speakers. Friend of mine bought it and never used it yet so we will see how it goes!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Soundstream-ST.../dp/B00K6ON4EO

Quote Originally Posted by blueverclear View Post
    My bike is still at the shop....... HONDA OF NEW ORLEANS HAS THE WORST SERVICE DEPARTMENT IN THE COUNTRY............... OMFG

Ok so here is the story.... I bought the bike used with 3500 miles on it. Still had the factory warranty and i purchased a 2 year extended warranty. After riding about 100 miles I was starting to see a "glaze" of oil on my left boot. No oil in the driveway or where I park the bike every night. It would only do this when its pressurized and running down the road, let it idle for 45 minutes and no drops at all.

So I bring it to the crappy ass stupid ass dealer not too far from my house and they kept the bike almost 2 weeks the first time before I went over there and raised hell about the repair taking so long. They said they couldn't find anything but they think it was coming from the valve cover on the left side. They changed the gasket and finally after almost 3 week I got my bike back.

So naturally the next week when i got a chance i went on about a 200 mile run, wouldn't you know........... they hadn't fixed anything and still doing the same thing so I call the service manager back and he says "oh yea, no problem just bring it back. And I talked to Honda and they said the racall has never been done so we will do that to and have you in and out in a few days"............ We its been 2.5 weeks ago since i dropped the bike off for the second time and basically they haven't done a damn thing at all. The service manager even lied to me last saturday and told me that they found the problem and it would be ready this wednesday. When i went there yesterday one of the tech admitted me that they in fact had not found the problem, didn't know why the service manager told me that, and the were waiting on the regional tech to come by and help them out.

At this point, enough was enough, and I reported the activity to mother honda who has opened up a case and will be following up with the dealer and myself next week. They will NEVER get my business again.

Grant
    Wow. I go to my dealer 2 miles from my house. The mechanic, put new tires, new brake pads and the recall in 3 hours. Plus he put the steel valve stems I handed to him in. I only normally take my bikes, or sometimes just the wheels, into a shop for tires. I figured I let him change my brake pads while he had it in. They were down to 30%.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Soundstream makes good audio eqpt.
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Blueverclear,

I would be in jail for going off and attacking the dealer.

Sorry to hear about the long wait / I don't know where you live but the weather here in St Louis has not been great for riding anyway. It was better a month ago than it is now that it is spring.

Blueverclear,

I would be in jail for going off and attacking the dealer.

Sorry to hear about the long wait / I don't know where you live but the weather here in St Louis has not been great for riding anyway. It was better a month ago than it is now that it is spring.
    Yea thats why I called mother honda. I will be dealing with one of their representatives from now on who is supposed to be calling me tuesday because if I go back to that dealer before my bike is done then I will be in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    That is an interesting tool. I did not know that it existed.

Dremeling these speakers with a cut off wheel certainly can be a little messy; with all of the shavings adhering due to magnetism if you don't wrap the speaker up to prevent such. That is why I opted for the tin snips this second time around... was much cleaner. Though I wish I had one of those nibbler tools now...
    Here's a video of them in action, takes a couple minutes to get to some action.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST

Ok guys, I have followed this thread from the beginning and I guess I will have to crack the case and see for myself. I did purchase the JBL GX602 but from the post all of the cutting was done on the previous JBLs that we first started replacement with. Do we have to still cut the new GX620 the same way we cut the previous speakers or are there not fitment issues. Just checking. Going to crack the nut now. Let me know. Secondly is the thought to remove and or disconnect the tweeter. Does it go or does it stay or is this a preference.

Let me know. Thanks. Going to see for myself.