Another Dirtstiff Speaker Thread - Page 26
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Another Dirtstiff Speaker Thread

JBL's Arrived

Just got my jbls from amazon. Searching for a how to to remove the shelter. Anybody got a link handy?

Attachment 21282

Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post
    Just got my jbls from amazon. Searching for a how to to remove the shelter. Anybody got a link handy?

Attachment 21282
    Search "Center Console" and this will pop up:
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?4...center+console
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

How much did you let your j&ms go for?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I will second that !!!! I actually sold my J&M's, that I bought from Wingstuff, this weekend to a lurker on here, Ron, who I hope signs up and becomes a member.
    Dd

If you have installed an aftermarket amp; then you turn off the AVC and SS, bass and treble to middle to tune the amp. If you do not have an aftermarket amp, it's perfectly fine to use it with just a speaker swap.
    Hell, I use it with my aftermarket amp, with caution because high is extremely loud and throws a lot of juice at the speakers.

Jim
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

JBLs

So my JBLs were working fine and now sound only comes out of one side. I will need to purchase another speaker to determine if it the speaker or the amp. I doubt its the amp the other speaker plays just fine and there is not balance on our factory system only a fade from front to back. Here I go again. LOL. Any help will appreciated guys. The two speakers played great upon installation. Just in the past two days notices sound out of only one of them. I have removed to make sure the wire were secure and they are. Just no sound from the speaker via my MP3 player or the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder217 View Post
    So my JBLs were working fine and now sound only comes out of one side. I will need to purchase another speaker to determine if it the speaker or the amp. I doubt its the amp the other speaker plays just fine and there is not balance on our factory system only a fade from front to back. Here I go again. LOL. Any help will appreciated guys. The two speakers played great upon installation. Just in the past two days notices sound out of only one of them. I have removed to make sure the wire were secure and they are. Just no sound from the speaker via my MP3 player or the radio.
    You can test that channel with one of your stock speakers to see if it is the speaker or the amp.

Speakers

Just ordered a new set I just can figure out what I did with the stock speakers I took out. I stuck them some where and just can figure out where. Hopefully once I get the speakers I will make the determination. I just didn't fill like removing the other side but I may have to determine if speakers or amp. If it is the amp it should be covered under the warranty hopefully. LOL Either way I will have two sets of great speakers. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    You can test that channel with one of your stock speakers to see if it is the speaker or the amp.

Or...if you've sold or otherwise deep-sixed your stock speakers, just swap the JBL's left for right and see if the silence follows.

.....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

Ok left side on!

Sounds great. I bought the red handle tin snips. Pretty easy, rated for 18 gauge steel. Also used a metal flat file to get as close to the speaker surround as possible. Saw on a post there is a clearance issue with the meter panel. Anybody know where? Does the mounted speaker need to be trimed on the bottom? Bike was down all sunday and monday. Got the low beam leds in, the switchback leds w/ smoked lens on and the flasher and the license plate led done. Only 2 days but damm i miss my bike. Going to do the cubby 12v at the same time as led high beams, and fog lights to go. Dont let that flasher scare you, pull the meter connector off its mount from the right(still connected) then you can get to the damm tab to unhook. Easy!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Search "Center Console" and this will pop up:
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?4...center+console
    Thanks for the link!