Another Dirtstiff Speaker Thread - Page 28
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Another Dirtstiff Speaker Thread

Remember guys -
    The large spade speaker connection always connects to positive or the + side of your speaker or wiring

Secondly,
    Un plug the factory tweeters when you install your upgraded speakers.

Third, never mix two different speakers. Install the JBL pair and don't try one oem and one JBL for comparison.

Speakers will break in after a few days, so I like to not hit them hard with volume for a couple to 3 days. You will find they sound better with time.

Register them asap because anything mass produced can be problematic.

The +/- 3 db switch on the new JBL is optional to your liking either way.

Jim
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

dirtstiff speaker

I take it these outperform the J an M s many used like I did.truthfully ,they not much better than oem.I wonder if others used these dirtstiff after JM s ..if so please report as I would probably make switch.

They are JBL, not mine.
    Some like em better, some dont.
    If your on the fence, keep what you have.
    Nothing gained or lost.
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

BAD REPORT

So my wing went into the shop I knew it wasn't the speakers and the Honda dealer reported that the cost for the replacement of the AMP that went bad would be a wopping $1200 with Labor for sure I went right back at them that I had purchased the additional warranty which pushed it to 2020 they went back to Honda several times and Honda agreed to replace and repair of free under the warranty. Dodged the bullet. Hurrrah for Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder217 View Post
    So my wing went into the shop I knew it wasn't the speakers and the Honda dealer reported that the cost for the replacement of the AMP that went bad would be a wopping $1200 with Labor for sure I went right back at them that I had purchased the additional warranty which pushed it to 2020 they went back to Honda several times and Honda agreed to replace and repair of free under the warranty. Dodged the bullet. Hurrrah for Honda.
    Money well spent (for the extended warranty in your case).

I'm getting the extended warranty as well this September when I go to the Russelville Rally.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by thunder217 View Post
    Glad to hear they covered it.1200 bucks for a Amp man they should kiss you before they F**K you.For 1200.00 you could put in a kickin after market setup.

How to instructions

I'm looking for details how to install/replace the speakers but I can't seeme to find any on this thread or anywhere else. I looked at a video from J&M and they made it look like the center dash just pops right off.

It does just pop off.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    I'm looking for details how to install/replace the speakers but I can't seeme to find any on this thread or anywhere else. I looked at a video from J&M and they made it look like the center dash just pops right off.
    Go to Harbor Freight and get these:

http://www.harborfreight.com/nylon-p...-pc-69668.html

You will need them to make removal of the plastics much easier on the F6B.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    Remember guys -
    The large spade speaker connection always connects to positive or the + side of your speaker or wiring

Secondly,
    Un plug the factory tweeters when you install your upgraded speakers.

Third, never mix two different speakers. Install the JBL pair and don't try one oem and one JBL for comparison.

Speakers will break in after a few days, so I like to not hit them hard with volume for a couple to 3 days. You will find they sound better with time.

Register them asap because anything mass produced can be problematic.

The +/- 3 db switch on the new JBL is optional to your liking either way.

Jim
    I have a question about mixing speakers. I installed one of my J&M speakers (I had extra after the JBL upgrade) in my Honda Accord Drivers door since I had it apart to replace the lock actuator and the window regulator. I had meant to immediately swap out the passenger side but since it was 100 degrees and I was frustrated from working on the car in the hot garage so I did not swap out the passenger side. I have noticed no problems and the J&M sounds better than the Alpine that was crackling. It has been a few months and I almost forgot about it. I ride the bike everywhere I go and have only driven the car 8 times or so. Will this be a problem?
    Steve