Another Dirtstiff Speaker Thread - Page 9
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Dirtstiff Speaker Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    If the speakers were disconnected with just the tweeter connected, you don't have a complete electrical audio circuit.

Glad you like the JBL

J
    You did good!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Received mine and installed tonight. Just plugged them into the stock wires with stock amp and wow. I know it's not a sub and not earth shaking but I can actually hear the bass thumping. In my non-audiophile opinion, surpasses stock and J&M.

And yes, pre-bending the sides helped a little but still had to "drive" them into place. Definitely a tight tight fit.

***Disclaimer*** I am not an audio guy, never have been, never will be, but I do like to listen to music and I love my F6b.

Got the J&M speakers in on Monday,read the thread on the JBL's and ordered them, they came in yesterday, just an observation from a booger eating moron, not related to presidential candidate Cruz, from Wi, the JBL's at half the price w/all you get in the box, including directions, are a hell of a deal in comparison to what came in the J&M box! Now if they sound as good if not better...

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    ***Disclaimer*** I am not an audio guy, never have been, never will be, but I do like to listen to music and I love my F6b.

Got the J&M speakers in on Monday,read the thread on the JBL's and ordered them, they came in yesterday, just an observation from a booger eating moron, not related to presidential candidate Cruz, from Wi, the JBL's at half the price w/all you get in the box, including directions, are a hell of a deal in comparison to what came in the J&M box! Now if they sound as good if not better...
    Wait until you hear the difference. I'd put the JM in first just for grins. Just wire them up then plug in the JBL. My JM are going to classifieds.

Discontinued

so apparently, the JBL Audio GTO Series 638 speakers are now discontinued and not available even though jbl.........

http://www.jbl.com/car-speakers/GTO6...eakers#start=1

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...BL-GTO638.html

So the guy from sonic electronics highly recommended the JBL GX602 speakers as a replacement which he said will have more highs and close to the same mids/lows. I actually heard them in best buy over the x-mas holidays and they sounded great!

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...JBL-GX602.html

They were about $13 more but they guy waived the extra cost because they canceled my original order, so we will see!

Grant

Quote Originally Posted by F6Pilot View Post
    Wait until you hear the difference. I'd put the JM in first just for grins. Just wire them up then plug in the JBL. My JM are going to classifieds.
    Will keep the J&M's unless someone on the forum wants them.

Amazon.com has them at $54.00 shipped and an extended 2 year warranty is $4.99.

J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    Amazon.com has them at $54.00 shipped and an extended warranty is $4.99.

J
    Yea I did see that. Currently they only have 5 left in stock. Thats probably the last 5 they will get. Thought I would try out the newer model, very similar specs just a 2 way vs a 3 way. Sounded great in the store, hope they sound just as good on the bike! lol

Just got back from an 80 mile ride and all I can say is that the speakers really perform! They out perform the stock speakers - there is no comparison. Even though it is a tight squeeze and by tight I mean really tight, they are well worth it! If your on the fence about buying them and as I've read, there no longer making them, I would buy a pair now. Just my opinion and I'm sticking to it .

Thanks Dirt, you did great!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Great,

For me, that's what this thing is about - sharing good stuff.

J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe