Recently saw a post here about an inexpensive rack on eBay, after looking at all the options decided get it.
Why cheap out?
1. I’m cheap.
2. I’m taking a solo trip to Utah this summer and if I honestly evaluate my life and health situation it will probably be my last. Too many factors against this being a regular thing. I don’t need a rack for my daily commuting and didn’t feel there would be any ROI on the extra $100.

What do you get for $70? A reasonable facsimile of the Honda rack which should probably hold up for the length of my trip.
Right out of the box you can see there is a 3/16” dot that looks like it could be a pop-up used in the casting process. I’ll put a dab of black paint on this if I leave it on the bike.
I’ll only have the back of my bag resting on it, maybe a lightweight sleeping bag, so I won’t be putting it through the ringer. When I get back I’ll try some stress tests on it and report if it fails.
Didn’t come with bolts so add that to the cost. I haven’t installed it yet, so if it requires reaming or whatever I’ll post that info also.
If it’s awful I can use it as a template and then as a door stop.

It was very hard for me to NOT get the BikeMP3 rack, it’s a beautiful accessory. If my life or usage changes, (BIG if!) and I’m all about the rack then I’ll grab one of those in a heartbeat.

Here are some photos replete with greasy finger smudges: