Wanted to get some opinions or ideas on plans I'm working up for a solo riders trunk that would leave all the stock items in place but allow one to put a decent sized duffle of clothing in a lockable trunk (like the panniers) and give a decently high backrest for the rider. I did some quick concept art using photos of the F6B I found. I reckon it would be approx. 50L or larger, could easily store 2 full sized helmets if needed, or a weekend duffle (enough clothing for two or three days, with toiletries bag and a little space left over. I'm thinking about doing a model in clay, molding it up, then building it from fiberglass and padding the interior with thick fabric.

I've looked at the Corbin Smuggler for a bit, but it's too shallow to really be handy. While I don't mind going with a bag and roll strapped to the rack, the goal would be to put something together with a little more weather-friendly capability while using similar lines. It would be able to be unbolted rather quickly to convert back to the standard F6B daily use setup or once a cruise destination was reached, left in the room or maybe the campsite locked up.