Solo Travellers Trunk - Concept / Thoughts
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Solo Travellers Trunk - Concept / Thoughts

Solo Travellers Trunk - Concept / Thoughts

Wanted to get some opinions or ideas on plans I'm working up for a solo riders trunk that would leave all the stock items in place but allow one to put a decent sized duffle of clothing in a lockable trunk (like the panniers) and give a decently high backrest for the rider. I did some quick concept art using photos of the F6B I found. I reckon it would be approx. 50L or larger, could easily store 2 full sized helmets if needed, or a weekend duffle (enough clothing for two or three days, with toiletries bag and a little space left over. I'm thinking about doing a model in clay, molding it up, then building it from fiberglass and padding the interior with thick fabric.

I've looked at the Corbin Smuggler for a bit, but it's too shallow to really be handy. While I don't mind going with a bag and roll strapped to the rack, the goal would be to put something together with a little more weather-friendly capability while using similar lines. It would be able to be unbolted rather quickly to convert back to the standard F6B daily use setup or once a cruise destination was reached, left in the room or maybe the campsite locked up.

Single-Up Riding Only

My 6 has been set-up for "solo riding" since day one. Installed my slightly used Cruiser Bag with detachable back rest and removed the passenger foot pegs. The bag attaches quickly, is sturdy ( 13" dia. PVC pipe ) and provides plenty of extra space for carting groceries or the occasional case of beer plus provides great back support when cruising.

DSC_0004.jpg

I love the look and the idea behind this.
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kuryakyn Ultra Touring Bag

It takes up the whole passenger seat and straps down rather nicely, has a multitude of room in it and a rain cover that keep heavy rain from getting anything inside it wet. I used it when Mike(F6B1911) Went to Value Accessories on a very wet day. We were in the rain constantly and never got anything but us wet.http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...FU0vgQod1_MK5Q

Looks great patch! I have the smuggler, and I agree - too shallow, although I like the seat.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Patch, I like the look and your ideas of whats needed. Will it fit with a back rack and Mustang seat? Let me know when I can order one!

Subscribed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

Patch looks great.I do believe some of us would like the ability to lock things up with good looks and be able to remove it if wanted to.Hope you are able to put this together without breaking the bank.I have the MP3 rack with the Kury
    Gran Travler bag and it works great but on a trip one has to keep in mind that the bag is not taken in today's wonderfull world of scumbags!

I love the shape and concept !
    Would also be nice if it fit behind the passenger on a trunk mount!
    2015 Honda F6B Deluxe (Current)
    Traxxion Suspension
    Ultimate Seat
    Rockford Audio 8BB & PMX1R
    Cerwin Vega B54 Amplifier
    Avon Cobra Tires
    JBL 6.5" speakers
    Klockwerks Windshield

2011 Kawasaki Vaquero (SOLD)

Great ideas for use with a mount and potentially transitioning to a backrest for pillion rider. It would kinda be a modular GW except the trunk would be rather long sitting out back. Let me put some art to that and see how it would come out. Initially I think it may be 15 inches off the back end which sounds like a lot.

As for the Mustang seat. It's based off the mundane as-sold Honda seat, but I think with just a slight modification in the backrest for the little hump on the Mustang seat it would probably fit just fine. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I think the backrest working for a multitude of seats would be easier to set up perhaps.

I'm going to start setting up a clay model and will get some videos going of work in progress.