Solo Travellers Trunk - Concept / Thoughts - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Solo Travellers Trunk - Concept / Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    lol...good idea 53. I just called a shirt printer about it and sent the files over to them as I read your post. I threw that together in about 2 minutes as a quick nod to Teach but after there were a few asking for it, I reckon it makes sense that might help with funding it.

I'm thinking Black, White, Charcoal, Red, Yellow and Blue for t-shirt colors with the F6B arm logo and the BBE graphic on the back...all cotton and long sleeve...t-shirt colors to match bike colors if desired. I just hope the print quote isn't $$$ per shirt.
    if it's $$$ let me know cause I have a friend here in the screen printing and embroidery business. I know that he would do the right thing by me.

Patch, that is bad ass and I want one. Had a system installed on my F6B last month and need a sub. Your trunk looks killer and thats a great way to get a 8" JL w6 on my bike.

Still keeping an eye on this thread with patience... will there be a present under my X-Mas-Tree or will i have to wait for the Easter Beagle next year?

Attachment 22829
    Always a good and safe ride,
    Karim

I might have a couple of them ready in time for Christmas if the fiberglass version comes out okay. Still working with tooling and manufacturer here in the U.S. for the plastic model. Once I get the first FG version completed, I'll see if the molds I made can stand up to a small batch run. If so, I'll make a few extras and get a price together for them.

That sounds promising! I am really looking forward to this special addition to the F6B

Greetings from overseas!
    Always a good and safe ride,
    Karim

Very curious how it comes out. I always thought Honda is missing a boat for not offering an accessory removable trunk for F6B, possibly with built in arm rests and speakers. I think more GW guys would have switched to F6B if that was an option and it looked well integrated. I also think that current GW trunk does not really match the lines of the rest of the bike very well.

Your trunk should look factory when done. I wanted to buy Corbin Smuggler but decided against it due to it's small size and high cost. Yours looks like the perfect mix of looks and actual usable size.

Keep up the good work!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

Very cool design! Is it deep enough for a helmet?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
    Very cool design! Is it deep enough for a helmet?

Mike
    Humpback is being set up to be somewhat modular in nature, so for just the trunk and backrest model, it'll have enough space for 4 helmets...2 full size and 2 half helmets. The first ones done in Fiberglass will be this way only, but I would like to build in some framing that would allow them to be customized for audio, cooling systems, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Humpback is being set up to be somewhat modular in nature, so for just the trunk and backrest model, it'll have enough space for 4 helmets...2 full size and 2 half helmets. The first ones done in Fiberglass will be this way only, but I would like to build in some framing that would allow them to be customized for audio, cooling systems, etc.
    4 helmets! That should be of sufficient size, thanks!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    Very curious how it comes out. I always thought Honda is missing a boat for not offering an accessory removable trunk for F6B, possibly with built in arm rests and speakers. I think more GW guys would have switched to F6B if that was an option and it looked well integrated. I also think that current GW trunk does not really match the lines of the rest of the bike very well.

Your trunk should look factory when done. I wanted to buy Corbin Smuggler but decided against it due to it's small size and high cost. Yours looks like the perfect mix of looks and actual usable size.

Keep up the good work!
    I thoroughly enjoy the looks and lines of my Smuggler. I got it used from a gent on these forums. I would not have paid full price for it.
    Can't fit a whole lot in it, and the saddlebag opening mechanism does suffer some peculiarities. I just got back from Corbin Daytona and they did some "professional fitment" to it and now it works MUCH better.

I use it for iPad, gloves, small accessories, basically stuff that won't fit in the left cubby or the center console that I wouldn't mind direct access to.
    I did have a slight revelation though.....the way it's shaped and the size of the lid, it might lend itself to a tank bag if I needed more storage space.

I hope Patch's concept comes to fruition. As well as Phantom's belly pan concept.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce