Solo Travellers Trunk - Concept / Thoughts - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Solo Travellers Trunk - Concept / Thoughts

Top Case

Patch,

I'm in for one once you get things worked out. Send me a message once you're feeling better. Great idea and I think you might find a solid market for this product.

G.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I have the fiberglass molds made. Laid the top, bottom and door just before my surgery on Dec 5th...literally glassing up until 6 hours before I went under. I still have to finish them out, lay over gelcoat and seal before I can make the first case. I still need to figure out the wiring harness and how that's all going to work, since I want the case to have stop, L/R signals, and run cabling in for the missing channels from the amp that are currently just capped, in case someone wants to add speakers in it. I'm still trying to figure out how to get hidden rollers on it and an extending handle so it could be used as off-bike luggage to get to a hotel room should one not want to carry it. All in time I suppose.

It looks like a pigtail that goes under the back lip of the seat is the best option for now so it won't take too much time to get together. As soon as fit and finish is done, I'll post a few photos.

Surgery went well. Dr. says I'm not cleared for riding until the internal stitches have dissolved...approximately another 3 weeks.
    Glad to hear all is going well for you. Also excited to see the finished product. Count me in.

I'm IN

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    So I've started working on the model last night beginning with a quick CAD sketch for size, along with getting the skeleton together to apply the clay. The interior room is larger than I initially estimated. Once I have the clay model done, I'll post an update. A couple of things I noticed almost right away in building the skeleton...this WILL allow for aftermarket speakers without detracting too much from the storage area if kept to 6x9 and smaller.
    The front portion (where the backrest is) along with about 1/6th of the length could be built to handle a set of modified backrest sections. One for speakers, one for pure storage, potentially configured backrest areas for different seat styles...like the Mustang, Russell, Ultimate, Stock, Corbin, etc... I'll know more once I get to the point of setting an interior frame up. I'm hoping I can debut a functional /near production ready proto at the rally.
    shut up and take my money already - !
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Please don't come out and say it's ready the minute I settle for less

Any news?
    2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen
    MEC: first aid kit Nelson Rigg: Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag
    Rivco: Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts, Flatfoot pegs
    Uclear: HBC200 intercom system (spares)
    ZUMOLOCK to lock on Zumo 396

Update

Dead in the Water?
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”