new bike to me - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new bike to me

Congrats Mike!

Yes, you did move a little faster than you told me you were going to, but the present is NOW!
    Glad I could show you Isleen and help your process.
    Now, let's go for a ride!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Will do Steve. So far the Visa abuse has consisted of a service manual, an additional mount for my Zumo 590 with more Ram pieces so it can be easily transferred from bike to bike and a battery/charging condition light from Gammatronix that I have found to be quite helpful in avoiding unexpected dead batteries. I'm sure there will be more.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Will do Steve. So far the Visa abuse has consisted of a service manual, an additional mount for my Zumo 590 with more Ram pieces so it can be easily transferred from bike to bike and a battery/charging condition light from Gammatronix that I have found to be quite helpful in avoiding unexpected dead batteries. I'm sure there will be more.

In addition to your sitting and exhaust needs:
    Belly pan
    Voltmeter
    LED lighting
    Heli-bars
    and a "metric-crap tonne" of other stuff!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Belly pan
    Voltmeter
    LED lighting
    Heli-bars

The belly pan is a maybe but not a top concern, Volt meter is covered with the light I got ordered, prefer it over a meter, previous Owner, Big TP added bunches of LED lighting both front and back. The Heli-bars are needed as well as another seat but that is some bucks. I looked at the risers and they are "no go" for me as both, that I looked at, move the grips inward. I will stay with the stock pipes as I'm enjoying the lack of sound, again very expensive to do the whole thing including the loops and both my other bikes are pretty loud, esp the VTX plus the wife hates the noise. The next thing is low cost, a garage door opener mod, got the unit just got to add the wiring and a small switch somewhere. A plug in for my heated gear is needed and a cup holder might be in my future also.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Belly pan
    Voltmeter
    LED lighting
    Heli-bars

The belly pan is a maybe but not a top concern, Volt meter is covered with the light I got ordered, prefer it over a meter, previous Owner, Big TP added bunches of LED lighting both front and back. The Heli-bars are needed as well as another seat but that is some bucks. I looked at the risers and they are "no go" for me as both, that I looked at, move the grips inward. I will stay with the stock pipes as I'm enjoying the lack of sound, again very expensive to do the whole thing including the loops and both my other bikes are pretty loud, esp the VTX plus the wife hates the noise. The next thing is low cost, a garage door opener mod, got the unit just got to add the wiring and a small switch somewhere. A plug in for my heated gear is needed and a cup holder might be in my future also.
    Belly pan - protect that naked coolant reservoir. That's all I'm saying.....
    Risers - one gent had good luck by inverting the MBL risers and it kicked out the grips. Search function should find the thread...
    Garage door openers - Guys have done some garage door mods with buttons in various places. Again the Search bar is your friend for ideas on what you might like and what you might not.

Do the seat BEFORE you do the handlebars, windscreen, and the footpegs - no sense chasing ghosts.....

Have fun!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce