New Vstream and Ultimate Midrider seat fitted
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Vstream and Ultimate Midrider seat fitted

New Vstream and Ultimate Midrider seat fitted

Hey All

Got to fitting my new Vstream special edition windscreen today along with the Ultimate seat. I ordered my Utimate seat in all black as I was not a fan of the carbon fibre look.
    Having come from the Clearview medium windscreen, the Vstream is the first windshield I have ever looked through and not over, and I must say it offers fantastic protection from the elements with no helmet buffeting to speak of. It lets just enough air around to cool the body and if you need more then open the vent.
    In fact I reckon the screen works at it's best when the vent is in the first or second position directing some air up the inside of the shield.

The screen could easily be lowered another 2-1/2 to 3 inches if you would like to see over it. You would just drill 3 holes using the oem shield as a template.
    The screen measures 21 inches from the Goldwing emblem where the Clearview medium measured 18 inches, using the slots in the windscreen you could raise it to 22-1/2 inches which is about as high as it would go. Set at 21 inches the air flow passes a good 4 inches over the top of my helmet. The Vstream also slopes back towards the rider 2-3 inches more than the Clearview, which I think also helps with the wind protection.

I havn't had a lot of time in the seat but I can tell you it measures about an inch higher than the original oem seat. the funny thing is you do not feel the extra height as It is narrow at the front compared to the oem and allows you legs a straighter path to the ground and not push them apart like the oem seat. I am 5-10 with a 30" inseam and it feels fine.

Heres a few photos.

Seat looks comfy.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Nice looking seat and windshield combo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

Looks very sharp!
    I've decided I need an Ultimate seat with a Corbin Smuggler like trunk that is a few more inches deep and just slightly wider so it can actually hold something as large as a computer bag.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

+1 Very Nice !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Which VStream did you purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by nox View Post
    Hey All

Got to fitting my new Vstream special edition windscreen today along with the Ultimate seat. I ordered my Utimate seat in all black as I was not a fan of the carbon fibre look.
    Having come from the Clearview medium windscreen, the Vstream is the first windshield I have ever looked through and not over, and I must say it offers fantastic protection from the elements with no helmet buffeting to speak of. It lets just enough air around to cool the body and if you need more then open the vent.
    In fact I reckon the screen works at it's best when the vent is in the first or second position directing some air up the inside of the shield.

The screen could easily be lowered another 2-1/2 to 3 inches if you would like to see over it. You would just drill 3 holes using the oem shield as a template.
    The screen measures 21 inches from the Goldwing emblem where the Clearview medium measured 18 inches, using the slots in the windscreen you could raise it to 22-1/2 inches which is about as high as it would go. Set at 21 inches the air flow passes a good 4 inches over the top of my helmet. The Vstream also slopes back towards the rider 2-3 inches more than the Clearview, which I think also helps with the wind protection.

I havn't had a lot of time in the seat but I can tell you it measures about an inch higher than the original oem seat. the funny thing is you do not feel the extra height as It is narrow at the front compared to the oem and allows you legs a straighter path to the ground and not push them apart like the oem seat. I am 5-10 with a 30" inseam and it feels fine.

Heres a few photos.

I like the looks of it and it is tall. I think I want a taller windshield this time. National Cycle lists them for just Goldwing GL1800. I'm wondering if they will fit the F6B.

Quote Originally Posted by dougvtx View Post
    I like the looks of it and it is tall. I think I want a taller windshield this time. National Cycle lists them for just Goldwing GL1800. I'm wondering if they will fit the F6B.
    They are made for the Goldwing but also fit the F6b with little effort. You just don't have the adjustability up and down like the Goldwing.

Fantastic pictures Nox. Especially of the Mid rider seat. I am still agonizing over which one to order/try first.

Now if someone of the forum can post the same numerous; multi-angled pictures of their ultimate King seat; it would be a huge help to me (and others as well).

I have had the Vstream on a previous motorcycle (DL850) and it does work well... is is a lot less uglier than the Madstat... that's for sure. I do wish that I had bought the Clearview large as Fla_rider had recommended to me earlier; but I went with a medium instead. Since I am going to get one of the two Ultimate seat models; I am DEFINITELY going to need a larger windshield now... and I think that Nox's Vstream has just become a contender for my choice.

Nox... a couple of questions; if you don't mind:

1. That N20012A GL1800 Vstream windshield comes with the vent cutout; but without a vent installed. Which vent would match the shield better ...a smoked or clear vent?
    2. Do you notice any excessive "flexing" of that taller Vstream at highway speeds?

Thanks!

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Vstream Windshield

Hello NOX...question to you and other Vstream owners. First your windshield and new seat looks great! My question: If the Vstream design works so good do you and others think it is worth the extra cost to buy the Vstream with the vent or not. With this design does it make that much or any difference? Ride safe!

Heres a few photos.

[/QUOTE]

Looks like VStream has come out with a thicker windshield (6.00mm) for this application. About $160.00 more though...

http://www.nationalcycle.com/vehicle...da/n20014.html

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537