Mustang seat and Helibars?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mustang seat and Helibars?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My experience was the same--and different

I liked the Mustang and the way it put me further back---but it also sat me lower. So it had to go as my knees were higher than my hips. I needed the Ultimate King Rider seat to get me up and back which---like you--created an issue reaching the bars. I tried risers and that did not do it alone. So I switched them out for Helibars and that did not do it alone----either. I ended up with risers AND Helibars and an Ultimate king Rider seat.

As much as I love my F6B, this has been the hardest bike I have ever owned when it comes to trying to get it to fit my body size and comfort level. As I read experiences from riders like yourself, it seems like this is a common problem.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    I liked the Mustang and the way it put me further back---but it also sat me lower. So it had to go as my knees were higher than my hips. I needed the Ultimate King Rider seat to get me up and back which---like you--created an issue reaching the bars. I tried risers and that did not do it alone. So I switched them out for Helibars and that did not do it alone----either. I ended up with risers AND Helibars and an Ultimate king Rider seat.

As much as I love my F6B, this has been the hardest bike I have ever owned when it comes to trying to get it to fit my body size and comfort level. As I read experiences from riders like yourself, it seems like this is a common problem.
    I had the Helibars installed on Friday. I still couldn't get ergonomically comfortable with the Mustang seat/Helibars combo. I removed the Mustang this morning, and it is going up for sale as soon as I get around to listing it. I also removed the Rivco highway pegs and am selling them too. I put the stock seat back on. The Helibars and stock seat are better for me than with the Mustang....although I did like the lower position with the Mustang. I am getting some Kuryakyn Ergo II's to replace the Rivco pegs. This bike, for me, is a real challenge to get dialed in.

GaTeach
    And your opinion on the helibars? And the installation?

Do the Helibars require any cable changes? For those of you that used both risers and Helibars did you have to change any cables with that combination?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Do the Helibars require any cable changes? For those of you that used both risers and Helibars did you have to change any cables with that combination?
    The Helibars by themselves don't require any longer cables. The Helibars come with an adapter for the brake and clutch reservoirs that changes the angle that the brake and clutch lines attach.

Can't speak directly about the combination of the risers and the Helibars, but there are at least 1 or 2 here that have done that and I don't believe they had to change their lines/cables.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

I use risers and helibars together and did not have to change any cabling.

The hydraulic lines are pretty tight, but you can pull a little more slack for them.

The throttle lines are tight and there doesn't seem to be any extra. Whenever I finally change my air filter, I'll see if I can find some more slack.

It is real nice to be able to sit back into the mustang seat. I don't think that I could have done that comfortably without the risers.
    Albuquerque, NM

I should be getting a set of Helibars for the F6 Thursday according to FedEx. I'll let you know if the existing risers pose a problem on the install.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I have Helibars and Rockys Risers. Some rerouting of cables was required, but nothing major and/or replacing was necessary. Installing everything was a bit time consuming but for the mechanically inclined was not a big deal.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    I have Helibars and Rockys Risers. Some rerouting of cables was required, but nothing major and/or replacing was necessary. Installing everything was a bit time consuming but for the mechanically inclined was not a big deal.
    I have the MBL risers. For some reason, the Helibars did not fit properly with the MBLs in place...the crossbar on the Helibars did not fit properly in the c clamp(s). Maybe it was the angle created by the MBLs. Or maybe my installer just didn't do it correctly. I ended up with just the Helibars.

So I guess what your saying is wait for the rally before buying any new accessories. The rally will be a show room for testing most of the options available for the F6B.
    I thought I had my bike pretty well set up!!! I did not know I needed any thing else for my bike but I always feel like I need something after reading this forum.
    I am now interested in seeing the stereo options, Helibars, lighting, gear indicator, lowering kits, seats, power supply, handle bar mounts, heated grips, pipes, etc...
    so I have decided to wait and test at the rally. I better start saving because after seeing all the stuff I can't live without I will be on a spending spree.

Steve