Mustang seat and Helibars? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mustang seat and Helibars?

Do the Helibars require any cable changes? For those of you that used both risers and Helibars did you have to change any cables with that combination?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Do the Helibars require any cable changes? For those of you that used both risers and Helibars did you have to change any cables with that combination?
    The Helibars by themselves don't require any longer cables. The Helibars come with an adapter for the brake and clutch reservoirs that changes the angle that the brake and clutch lines attach.

Can't speak directly about the combination of the risers and the Helibars, but there are at least 1 or 2 here that have done that and I don't believe they had to change their lines/cables.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

I use risers and helibars together and did not have to change any cabling.

The hydraulic lines are pretty tight, but you can pull a little more slack for them.

The throttle lines are tight and there doesn't seem to be any extra. Whenever I finally change my air filter, I'll see if I can find some more slack.

It is real nice to be able to sit back into the mustang seat. I don't think that I could have done that comfortably without the risers.
    Albuquerque, NM

I should be getting a set of Helibars for the F6 Thursday according to FedEx. I'll let you know if the existing risers pose a problem on the install.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    And your opinion on the helibars? And the installation?
    I was familiar with the Helibars before I had them installed on the F6B. I currently have them on my Harley Ultra Limited. The Helibars offer such a wide range of angles and adjustments, it's hard to see how one couldn't find a satisfactory ergonomic position.
    The installation is something that is best left to EXPERIENCED installers. Helibars will give you the name/location of their recommended installer closest to you. Mine wasn't too far away...about 20 miles. They did a great job, but I did more assisting than I anticipated. They only charged me $100, and it took them roughly three hours.

The combination of the Helibars and a Sundowner seat on my Ultra is perfect...bike fits like a glove. The Helibars on the F6B sure help, but I still need to do some tweaking to get it all dialed in perfectly. That is also the beauty of the Helibars. After you ride awhile, it is simple to make adjustments to fine tune the installation.

The most difficult aspect of owning Helibars is parting with the roughly $800. Then again, how much is your comfort and overall riding enjoyment worth to you?

Hope this helps!

$825 just another drop in the bucket of keeping her happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobraguy View Post
    I think I need a bigger bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobraguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne06 View Post
    I think I need a bigger bucket!
    I need a bigger hose and spigot....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I have Helibars and Rockys Risers. Some rerouting of cables was required, but nothing major and/or replacing was necessary. Installing everything was a bit time consuming but for the mechanically inclined was not a big deal.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    I have Helibars and Rockys Risers. Some rerouting of cables was required, but nothing major and/or replacing was necessary. Installing everything was a bit time consuming but for the mechanically inclined was not a big deal.
    I have the MBL risers. For some reason, the Helibars did not fit properly with the MBLs in place...the crossbar on the Helibars did not fit properly in the c clamp(s). Maybe it was the angle created by the MBLs. Or maybe my installer just didn't do it correctly. I ended up with just the Helibars.