Mustang seat and Helibars? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mustang seat and Helibars?

So I guess what your saying is wait for the rally before buying any new accessories. The rally will be a show room for testing most of the options available for the F6B.
    I thought I had my bike pretty well set up!!! I did not know I needed any thing else for my bike but I always feel like I need something after reading this forum.
    I am now interested in seeing the stereo options, Helibars, lighting, gear indicator, lowering kits, seats, power supply, handle bar mounts, heated grips, pipes, etc...
    so I have decided to wait and test at the rally. I better start saving because after seeing all the stuff I can't live without I will be on a spending spree.

Steve

The MBLs angle the bars in slightly bringing the grips closer together. That would make the bar mount on the Helibars not parallel. I was wondering about that, as I have MBL risers on it now.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    So I guess what your saying is wait for the rally before buying any new accessories. The rally will be a show room for testing most of the options available for the F6B.
    I thought I had my bike pretty well set up!!! I did not know I needed any thing else for my bike but I always feel like I need something after reading this forum.
    I am now interested in seeing the stereo options, Helibars, lighting, gear indicator, lowering kits, seats, power supply, handle bar mounts, heated grips, pipes, etc...
    so I have decided to wait and test at the rally. I better start saving because after seeing all the stuff I can't live without I will be on a spending spree.

Steve
    Like any mistress, she has VERY tasteful needs....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne06 View Post
    I had a new Mustang seat installed at Bike Week in Daytona this past Friday. I think I will like the seat once it (and my butt) are broken in....but now I sit too far back to reach the bars comfortably without hunching forward. I already have the MBL risers installed, but I need the bars to come back another 1 to 2 inches. Anyone out there have any real world experience with going from the MBL risers to Helibars? I'm thinking that if the Helibars don't do the trick, I will have a brand new Mustang seat for sale! Thanks for any input!

Thank you for your service!

I was in 2/325 AIR 08-11 along with some other airborne units

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne06 View Post
    I have the MBL risers. For some reason, the Helibars did not fit properly with the MBLs in place...the crossbar on the Helibars did not fit properly in the c clamp(s). Maybe it was the angle created by the MBLs. Or maybe my installer just didn't do it correctly. I ended up with just the Helibars.
    I think that I got lucky. I have MBL wide risers and they do work. After I was all done, I wondered if the narrow version would have worked. Dodge a bullet there!
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_328 View Post
    Thank you for your service!

I was in 2/325 AIR 08-11 along with some other airborne units
    Airborne!

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    I think that I got lucky. I have MBL wide risers and they do work. After I was all done, I wondered if the narrow version would have worked. Dodge a bullet there!
    I think you are correct. The standard MBLs changed the angle that made the Helibars impossible to install. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good!

Watching

I am sold on the Heli-Bars and will get them in the future. I'm looking forward to seeing if you find the seat that will allow you to get dialed in on your 6. Hopefully you'll find just the right combination, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob41 View Post
    I am sold on the Heli-Bars and will get them in the future. I'm looking forward to seeing if you find the seat that will allow you to get dialed in on your 6. Hopefully you'll find just the right combination, good luck.
    Thanks Rob! Waiting on a set of wide MBLs to arrive to see if I can install them in conjunction with the Helibars. In the meantime, it's back to the OEM seat with the Helibars alone.

GATeach my wife loves the Helibars. The install was not that difficult, IMO. The included instructions and pictures are spot on and easy to understand and follow. If one can change the air filter on their F6B they can handle the install. I'm a well versed mechanic and the install took me 3 hrs with a wounded left thumb slowing me down. She has the bars pulled all the way back and down low to the top shelter. Not where I'd put them but then I don't ride hers far or often. This bar position relieves the shoulder pain and fatigue she previously experienced on long hauls. She did put the stock seat back on and the Mustang is up for sale now.
    15 F6B Purple with purple monster flakes.
    13 CTX 700 DCT Red
    02 GL1800 Red