Mustang seat and Helibars?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mustang seat and Helibars?

Mustang seat and Helibars?

I had a new Mustang seat installed at Bike Week in Daytona this past Friday. I think I will like the seat once it (and my butt) are broken in....but now I sit too far back to reach the bars comfortably without hunching forward. I already have the MBL risers installed, but I need the bars to come back another 1 to 2 inches. Anyone out there have any real world experience with going from the MBL risers to Helibars? I'm thinking that if the Helibars don't do the trick, I will have a brand new Mustang seat for sale! Thanks for any input!

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne06 View Post
    I had a new Mustang seat installed at Bike Week in Daytona this past Friday. I think I will like the seat once it (and my butt) are broken in....but now I sit too far back to reach the bars comfortably without hunching forward. I already have the MBL risers installed, but I need the bars to come back another 1 to 2 inches. Anyone out there have any real world experience with going from the MBL risers to Helibars? I'm thinking that if the Helibars don't do the trick, I will have a brand new Mustang seat for sale! Thanks for any input!
    MBL risers just didn't do it for me so I upgraded to the Helibars. There really is no comparison of the adjustment range between the two. If you can't find a comfortable position with the Helibars, something is terribly wrong.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    MBL risers just didn't do it for me so I upgraded to the Helibars. There really is no comparison of the adjustment range between the two. If you can't find a comfortable position with the Helibars, something is terribly wrong.
    Thanks Hornblower! I read on the MBL website that their pullback is about 1.5 inches, while the Helibars claim "an up to 4 inch" pullback. I may have to go with the Helibars. Looks like another $900 "investment." It's only money....

Thanks Hornblower! I read on the MBL website that their pullback is about 1.5 inches, while the Helibars claim "an up to 4 inch" pullback. I may have to go with the Helibars. Looks like another $900 "investment." It's only money....
    Have they gone up? I thought I remember paying $795. Yes still a lot of money, but it is the best money I spent on my F6B so far.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

It makes sense to try the cheaper risers first, like you and I have, because they are adequate for many riders. I tend to have back pain so it was necessary to spend much more to get comfortable. My seat/bar combination is Ultimate Mid Rider/Helibars and that has proven to be the best solution for me.
    Ken (Hornblower)

+1

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I have a Mustang seat, MBL risers and Helibars. I don't know if the Helibars would have been enough on their own, but in conjunction with the MBL risers, I have plenty of adjustment.

I am 5'10" and can now sit back into the lower back support of the Mustang seat. I could not and did not do that before the Helibars. But, I did not buy the bars for that reason, it was just a nice result. I got them for a more comfortable wrist angle.
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Have they gone up? I thought I remember paying $795. Yes still a lot of money, but it is the best money I spent on my F6B so far.
    Now they are $825 plus an additional $100 for installation. At least that is what I was quoted at Daytona.

It makes sense to try the cheaper risers first, like you and I have, because they are adequate for many riders. I tend to have back pain so it was necessary to spend much more to get comfortable. My seat/bar combination is Ultimate Mid Rider/Helibars and that has proven to be the best solution for me.
    I agree with trying the cheaper route first. The Mustang sits me lower and about an inch or so back. Even with the MBLs, I am now "reaching" for a comfortable arm/shoulder position and am unable to sit back in the pocket of the seat. I have had lower back surgery already, and have a few protruding disks in my neck (occupational hazard). I need to be fully upright with a relaxed arm position. I hope the Helibars do the trick...

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    I have a Mustang seat, MBL risers and Helibars. I don't know if the Helibars would have been enough on their own, but in conjunction with the MBL risers, I have plenty of adjustment.

I am 5'10" and can now sit back into the lower back support of the Mustang seat. I could not and did not do that before the Helibars. But, I did not buy the bars for that reason, it was just a nice result. I got them for a more comfortable wrist angle.
    Now that I've had the Mustang for a week and put about 200 miles on it, I'm not sure it's for me. So far I find the OEM seat more comfortable. I may end up selling the Mustang if things don't change. I also don't like the fact that the higher peg position causes a more severe bend in my legs since the seat is an inch or so lower. I am hoping some time/miles will help me adjust to those ergonomics, but I didn't enjoy today's ride after about 25 miles.