J&M Speakers - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: J&M Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    "Twice as loud" would be a 10dB increase.
    What "spec" we're they quoting at 2dB?
    Agreed.

Here is their A/B test video using a SPL meter. They did not test with pink or white noise. They measured 2.2dB and believe that is twice as loud versus twice the power. I sent them the following dB/voltage/power/loudness chart and they told me the chart was incorrect.

http://www.gcaudio.com/resources/how...eloudness.html

A 3dB difference is required for most humans to detect an increase or decrease in sound volume.
    This 3dB requires either a doubling of power for an increase or a halving for a decrease in volume in the same system.

No magic here, just sound logarithm mathematics.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

No magic here, just sound logarithm mathematics.[/QUOTE

Well that's easy for you to say.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    No magic here, just sound logarithm mathematics.[/QUOTE

Well that's easy for you to say.
    Aye, 'tis.
    Allow me to introduce my hobby/company: SemperFi Sound, LLC.
    semperfisound.com

Cheers!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Cool

Just got my J&M speakers installed. I wanted improved sound and volume without all the amp mods. I'm thrilled with the upgrade. It's a great move for a little cost

I just installed my new J&M speakers (I ordered them a year ago / back order / no cost increase when I picked them up Saturday)
    I figured for the $100.00 I paid a year ago I would give them a try and they really sound good!!!

They are probably not as good as the Polk's with an amp.

I find that they are much louder than the stock speakers and have better sound overall. I think they are more than load enough for my purposes and I like a lot of volume playing Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Chili Peppers etc... I have a big amp in my car and the J&Ms will work great for me.

One of the best things is that you can crank these up without distortion. That may fade away after I blast them all the time. I used to run the stock speakers at 14 with auto volume increase. I now can run these up to 25 and it gets real loud and stays clear almost too loud to run that high all the time.

I would highly recommend the J&M speaker upgrade especially without the need for changing the AMP.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    I just installed my new J&M speakers (I ordered them a year ago / back order / no cost increase when I picked them up Saturday)
    I figured for the $100.00 I paid a year ago I would give them a try and they really sound good!!!

They are probably not as good as the Polk's with an amp.

I find that they are much louder than the stock speakers and have better sound overall. I think they are more than load enough for my purposes and I like a lot of volume playing Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Chili Peppers etc... I have a big amp in my car and the J&Ms will work great for me.

One of the best things is that you can crank these up without distortion. That may fade away after I blast them all the time. I used to run the stock speakers at 14 with auto volume increase. I now can run these up to 25 and it gets real loud and stays clear almost too loud to run that high all the time.

I would highly recommend the J&M speaker upgrade especially without the need for changing the AMP.
    Steve

Thanks Steve, That is what I was hoping to hear...more volume and better sound quality without changing the amp. I am going to get them this year.

Just ordered my J&M speakers, never had a bike w/music, one of the things I like about this bike over many other things.

Newer J&M Speaker performance

Quote Originally Posted by oiler View Post
    Now I am more confused than ever. All I would like to know is do the new style J&M speaker sound better than the Honda OEM speakers with no amp upgrade?
    I waited a year for mine too, did not get any break on the new price. But, they do sound good all the way to maximum sound. No distortion. As for loudness, cannot really speak to that, maybe a little louder. But the speakers do not garble at maximum volume and sound great to me, even at 85 MPH. That is the best I can say about them.
    Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

Mekong Delta/Can Tho/ Rung Sat- 8/66 ~ 8/68

Cool

I had mine installed a month ago and I am satisfied with the upgrade without upgrading the amp. Volume is no longer an issue, treble and bass are vastly improved. I paid Haps Honda to put them in while they installed my electric automatic speed controller that can't be mentioned here. They are a direct replacement for the stock so i suppose they are plug and play. Worth the money even at the new price.